Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger

Article about: I am a new member and I am seeking information. I have had this dagger since 1950, purchasing it when I was just a kid. I believe it to be a transitional M33 SS dagger and that it was made b

Default Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger

I am a new member and I am seeking information.

I have had this dagger since 1950, purchasing it when I was just a kid.

I believe it to be a transitional M33 SS dagger and that it was made by Pumawerk (Lauterjung & Sohn) in Soliegen in 1938, but that is all I know about it. I would like some additional details on the dagger and how much it is now worth.

Your comments will be most appreciated!!

neelyja

Information solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger
    P
    Many

I see 73 members have viewed my request for information, but nary a reply!!

Has no one any comments or information other than the basic stuff I have mentioned??

Can anyone confirm that it is an original piece and not a fake or dagger assembled from parts??

?

Be patient.. People work, This isn't a hotline.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

From your images, this appears to be a very nice period original piece with nickel silver fittings. Although there are a number of views, many members are beginners and do not want to comment in error.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

And many (if not all!) information can be found on the forum, when doing a little search.
    cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    And many (if not all!) information can be found on the forum, when doing a little search.
    cheers
    Kris
    I shall do my best to ferret out the information!! However, my inexperience does not lend itself to the observations that can be made by the members who have been at this for years, and can "see" things that I may never be able to recognize!!

My thanks to those who have responded!! I do not wish to appear confrontational!!

However, I have a bit of urgency in my quest for information. I am attempting to raise funds for my Grandson's college fund, and I want to determine if this dagger should go on the block.

?

Quote by neelyja View Post
    My thanks to those who have responded!! I do not wish to appear confrontational!!

However, I have a bit of urgency in my quest for information. I am attempting to raise funds for my Grandson's college fund, and I want to determine if this dagger should go on the block.
    IMO this is not a site for evaluation. This Forum is for collectors. I appreciate your candor on such matters
    and would suggest taking your photos and posting them to a dealer site for validation.. You have wasted bandwith that could have been otherwise useful to the community here, JMO of course as when you attain your answer we will never hear or see sight of you again.. Good luck in your endeavors G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by neelyja View Post
    I shall do my best to ferret out the information!! However, my inexperience does not lend itself to the observations that can be made by the members who have been at this for years, and can "see" things that I may never be able to recognize!!
    Hey Neelyja,

Welcome to the best Forum out there. I typed in the RZM Code into Google and a thread from LakesideTrader Came up as well as threads elsewhere. Took me about 2 minutes I reckon. If your not sure how to dig and search here we will help point you to helping yourself in future as well. This link will help you as you analyze your maker mark, fittings, scabbard, tang nut, adler and components of the dagger.

Well known and respected dealer Paul Hogle: https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=8990

Another Thread on this model SS analyzed here in the past: SS dagger - RZM 1052/38 SS

Here is a recent thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...a-img_3932.jpg

This one was started by Ella who popped in with "I have all these edged dress daggers I want to sell, used forum bandwidth and left like casper the ghost after we all tried to give help and opinions. It is not that we are jaded but skeptical as many pop in and utilize knowledge and rarely give back. Most experts here give their right and left arms to help the new and old. We cannot know it all. Be patient and study and the answers will come to you through your own digging and member support.

For what it is worth and no preach intended here at all. Nobody nor myself was trying to ignore you. We all are busy and sometimes it takes hours or days before people have time from work and family to opine. I would also suggest if you need help reviewing something click the NEED HELP! Drop down. The word soilicited probably did not get much attention in my opinion out of the gates. We also never try to be rude but expect people to help themself with the many hours of threads put together. I for one show many pictures of all my items. Probably drives many people nuts. I however love pieces in hand or pictures and good ones. If my pictures help people then I am happy to spend hours with the camera. Each member is different.

Here is a blow up of makers mark Courtesy of Paul at LakesideTrader and the Dagger for comparison listed awhile ago. I am not certain of the Maker Mark variant of this maker with the RZM but there are SS Guys who know more than I. This will get the train rolling a little more. I think the dagger is fine based on the pictures I am seeing in my opinion. Looks good I feel.

Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

My sincere thanks to Gwar and Rossi!! My apologies to you all for using this venue for what I thought was a valid use. It was my ignorance as to where to turn for information that lead me here.

I shall contact Paul Hogel as suggested. I DO appreciate your help and understanding!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast