Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39

Article about: Hello all, Wanted to share a nice one I recently got out of the woodwork. This is a beauty of a RZM M7/95 - 1222/39 SS dagger by J. A. Schmidt & Söhne, Solingen. The blade on this one is

Default J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39

Hello all,

Wanted to share a nice one I recently got out of the woodwork. This is a beauty of a RZM M7/95 - 1222/39 SS dagger by J. A. Schmidt & Söhne, Solingen.

The blade on this one is really something and with a nice dark motto. On the back of the handle there appears to be a "K" pressed into the wood. The hanger has the SS runes in a double circle impressed into the leather but it was hard to photograph (you can see it if you look closely however) and the metal clip is marked RZM M5/8 I believe. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39   J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39  

J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39   J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39  

J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39   J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement J. A. Schmidt & Söhne SS dagger RZM M7/95 1222/39
    P
    Many

Hi William..first one for me to see up close like this..but yet very rare and documented as having an RZM SS contract.

All the details of a form fit..appear to fit well together. Im seeing an early grip ,,which during the mid period was common to see left over stock from early SS producers.

I see nothing that would raise any red flags of this not being a RZM SS type example.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There are still jewels to be found out in the woodworks, and this beauty proves it. A Hell of a nice find,for sure, and a rare critter by any way you look at it. No picking nits on this one-it looks 100% to my eyes. Nicely done.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a beauty William.

Truly awesome dagger William. Great shape and a real treasure to own.

?

Nice one William, and a first time for me.
    When will it turn up in classifieds?

Ger

?

As I am not a collector of RZM SS daggers, this one would get a nice place in my Detolf cabinet for sure.
    Very nice SS dagger! Good job!!!

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice one William, and a first time for me.
    When will it turn up in classifieds?

Ger
    No, this isn't an advertisement or anything like that, I just honestly wanted to share a nice piece I picked up for my collection.

William Kramer

?

Thats a pity, but thanks for showing!
    It it because it has the K(ramer) initial on the grip ?

Regards
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thats a pity, but thanks for showing!
    It it because it has the K(ramer) initial on the grip ?

Regards
    Ger
    If it had any other letter it certainly wouldn't be as interesting to me!

William Kramer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast