Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Knife Meine Ehre heisst True

Article about: Hi Forum I this a real knife or fantasy ? Regards John

Default Knife Meine Ehre heisst True

Hi Forum
    I this a real knife or fantasy ?
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knife Meine Ehre heisst True   Knife Meine Ehre heisst True  

Attached Images Attached Images Knife Meine Ehre heisst True  Knife Meine Ehre heisst True 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knife Meine Ehre heisst True
    P
    Many

No good. That motto should appear on the blade of an SS dagger, but not on a HJ-style knife.

I certainly agree, it is strange, as you state a HJ knife with SS "logo", must be a fantasy knife
    Regards
    John

This blade is often referred to as a HJ "honor bayonet" although this is a silly name since it's neither a bayonet nor was it awarded for an achievement. What it is is an early HJ knife, constructed before the standardization of HJ knives in general.

These items are made from Weimar era fighting knives. They are heavy in hand, very well made & often show etched blades & pommels. There are several variations including an HJ motto, an SS motto & examples with stag grip plates. I owned one with the SS motto & stag grips which came out of an old West Coast collection that was being liquidated at auction but sold it when my collecting tastes changed.

Some collectors believe them to be period, others believe they are more modern. It depends on whom you ask. After owning the one I did with its exquisite etching & super quality construction, I tend to believe they are period but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I thought it might be a post war scout knife that's been pimped up, lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A bad run of genuine bayos that had etches post war in the 1970s ..already stereotypes any hope of any non conforming dagger or knife..which may not belong..never documented or never politically approved by the NSDAP. Billy makes a valid point ..but who knows and who is to say if it ever exisited or not.

Due to the lack of period documentation and evidence of other examples ...many knives, daggers and swords ..( although possibly authentic ) will be tossed aside. The photo below are some examples of period authentic K98 bayos devalued what the thief thought could be a money maker...but only to the unstudied swastika stars in the eyes of the beholder. Other than that..the once authentic bayos reputation has been tarnished..into the trash heap.

Knife Meine Ehre heisst True

Another scary fact is that period dies have been used postwar all the way up into the 1980s." If one doesnt study one doesnt eat "
    Nothing is gained when one sits still,.. except spider webs and dust!

Ebay is a Go Go bar that sheisters use for luring the virgin man into a false sense of security..with these falsies in hand humped up period gems. Anything German with swastikas and text give rise to a mans occasion ..and $1000 later robbed by a one night stand finding out all the makeup came off through research and truth. The knife is worth the metal its made from..all for the new devalued price of $65.

All the construction from the period is there..the grip rivets Im not so sure of. This knife is trying to wear DD cups in an "A" frame.
    Just my thoughts through study and research.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've seen these "SS/HJ style" knives for about as long back as I can remember. Personally, I do believe that there existed such knives, but the one posted certainly is not one of them. The ones that I examined years ago had very detailed and well done mottos. This one looks soft and poorly etched.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I've seen these "SS/HJ style" knives for about as long back as I can remember. Personally, I do believe that there existed such knives, but the one posted certainly is not one of them. The ones that I examined years ago had very detailed and well done mottos. This one looks soft and poorly etched.
    From what I've seen there are some of these "precursor" knifes with Hitler Youth mottos etc. etc. that to me appear to be of period construction using an old type of nickel plating, which can be harder to tell with a fully intact knife. And some new or newer fakes that to me do not look period (without going into a lot of details). With this example from what I can see of it falling into the fake category. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Billy
    Thank you very much for your info, the knife is not mine I have been offered the knife, do you have an idea about the price if I want to buy it ?
    Regards
    John

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Billy
    Thank you very much for your info, the knife is not mine I have been offered the knife, do you have an idea about the price if I want to buy it ?
    Regards
    John
    Hi John..since Billy and the the other members obliged your query on the authenticity of this knife which we are not a valuation service..but given the oddity/rarity? it is...please tell us first what this knife is being offered to you for ?

We dont want to give scammers an idea how to rip people off if a knife like this arises again. What is it being offered for?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast