Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for review

Article about: Hello guys, I'm offered this Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger. Can I have the opinions on this one please and what would be his value? Thx, Kris.

?

Default M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for review

Hello guys,

I'm offered this Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger. Can I have the opinions on this one please and what would be his value?

M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for reviewM33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for review

Thx,

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr SS dagger for review

Where are the daggerguys???

?

Can I please have some opinions? Thx.
    Last edited by KRISSE; 10-12-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Calm down, they will come. It's nobody job to rush and answer you. I'm sure there will be penty of members whom want to help. I would personal like closer pictures. It may be due to how far away the picture is, but is the engraving not centered?

?

....?

?

Default Re: M33 SS dagger for review

This thread is on the forum for 2 days now. Is there really nobody that can help me out?

A good original earlier Hammesfahr Mod. 33 with the desirable serial numbered stampings. Fairly rough condition, but this would improve considerably with a gentle and light cleaning. The wood grip is in pretty decent shape. Anodized sheath shows alot of speckling and looks to have nickel fittings throughout. Not much you can do about the vertical hanger, but at least it's intact. Always interesting to research the number and see who it belonged to-you never know, you might hit a jackpot and turn out to be a famous (or Infamous!) name. No bad problems that I can see with it-is the price reasonable?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Seller asks around 2500$.

Note: I've sent the pictures to Paul from Lakesidetrader and he's opinion is that the hanger is a fake and that the scabbard is reblued.

In any case, it certainly is Not a $2500 dagger. Much more like $1500...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree also with Williams assessments as it is in rough condition and not worth the $2500 asking price. Most of the time these Hammesfahr daggers are highly faked,, but this one looks good. I am not too fond of the lower scabbard fitting, which looks to be plated. The photos do not give sufficient amount of detail due to the lighting. IMO I feel the hanger does not originally belong to the dagger but either was a late add on or a recent one. The snap clip looks to of lost all its plating. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast