MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.

Article about: Hi people. Someone offered me this dagger to trade it for a mint LSSAH collar tab set for Hauptsturmführer. Not sure that I gonna do it because I'm found on this tabs... But what you guys th

?

Default M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.

Hi people. Someone offered me this dagger to trade it for a mint LSSAH collar tab set for Hauptsturmführer. Not sure that I gonna do it because I'm found on this tabs...
    But what you guys think of this example? IMHO the blade is been cleaned at some point because I'm missing the crossgrains on it... Then, the grip has some damage to and I'm not sure about the wood of the grip around the eagle and SS button. Thanks in advance.

M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 Hammesfahr SS dagger for review.
    P
    Many

Hi Krisse...this particular early SS em Hammesfahr dagger..I like it alot and shows much character and usage...but the condition shows its been around the block a few times..mist likely by the SS man who carried it.
    I like how the snap clip has rubbed up against the back of the grip which really shows alot of movement by the SS mann...IMO i feel this hanger is original to the dagger due to the carry wear..on the upper part of the scabbard. This hanger is very early.

The scabbard does not appear to be early vintage due to what I can see in the paint sheen. It differs from an early SS painted scabbard. Doesnt matter if its mint paint job or not..a keen eye can see the difference..which also explains the lower scabbard fitting..the ball differs in shape..and the lower fitting appears to be plated.

The crossguard fit to grip is very nice. The blade is ultra worn down..from heavy cleaning...which leaves no room for identifying detail in the motto or logo. ( better examples can be found..as these Hammesfahrs are plentiful and heavily faked.

IMHO..I feel that you should lean towards acquiring the LSSAH tabs for the reason that..these tabs bring a person closer to the identity of the person who wore them compared to a common produced SS dagger..which could of been anywhere in Germany or in occupied territories. I myself..like this dagger but the scabbard is questionable due to the present lighting.

IMO worn down dagger with possible mid to late period scabbard. Other comments welcomed. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you very much Larry. Cheers.