Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M33 SS by Herder

Article about: Given the cost this was my sole venture into the SS dagger realm. This comment will no doubt date me but I remember these being sold in surplus stores for well under \\$200. Even nice M36 Chai

?

Default M33 SS by Herder

Given the cost this was my sole venture into the SS dagger realm. This comment will no doubt date me but I remember these being sold in surplus stores for well under $200. Even nice M36 Chained only went for $200. As kids we passed them over and instead went for matched S84/98 bayos because they were combat weapons and could be purchased for a dollar or two each. If only I new then what I know now.

Here are some pics of the Herder as well as a couple alongside it's SA cousin.

Regards,
    Stu
    M33 SS by HerderM33 SS by HerderM33 SS by HerderM33 SS by HerderM33 SS by HerderM33 SS by HerderM33 SS by Herder

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 SS by Herder
    P
    Many

Default Re: M33 SS by Herder

Beautiful!!!....brings tears to my eyes, to see 2 very fine examples of early vintage and craftmanship. Thanks for sharing! regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Stu,

2 Lovely Top Conditioned SA & SS daggers you got there

Wish we had our own private time machines, eh

Regards Mac 66.

Great photos too mate, you've displayed them really well.

?

Personally, I dont collect TR stuff, but even I know great craftmanship when I see it and will gladly admit that I admire the work that went into these items, and these two daggers are no exception.
    Great work and in brilliant condition, you lucky git Stu!
    To coin a phrase, if only I knew then, what I know now!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

I know that you have some lovely items Stu, and these are no exceptions!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Great daggers indeed, they display the fine German craftmanship of the early days of the Reich!
    Thx 4 showing

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-05-2012 at 08:22 AM.

I never get tired of seeing that dagger Stu. It is one of the nicest I have ever seen.

Wolfgang

?

My thanks to you all for your positive comments.

Hi Wolfgang ... early on I learnt from experienced collectors, such as yourself, to buy quality as it always holds it's value and you never waste time afterwards trying to upgrade. Since then I have stuck with Paul Hogle as my source for TR edged weapons and never regretted it for a moment. When I have a moment I'll post a few more from the stash.

Regards,
    Stu