Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony grip

Article about: This one came as a surprise to me while when i was searching for some information about my latest EK2 on the internet. I Always take a look on the blade section if there is one on sites that

?

Default M36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony grip

This one came as a surprise to me while when i was searching for some information about my latest EK2 on the internet.
    I Always take a look on the blade section if there is one on sites that are new to me and there it was: a complete natural unmessed Nickel Silver B1 with a grip that i have never seen before, just amazing an ebony tigerstriped grip!
    The ebony shows a grain pattern of different colours, sometimes your Lucky enough to get a piece of wood that has a natural 2 tone grain pattern and this is one of them!
    Great inlayed runesbutton and eagle!
    The entire dagger is not flawless, it has a resoldered connector in its chain, the paint has the usual wear and the blade although it has all its crossgrain still present it has some spoting and greying.
    The burnish of the Motto is a beautiful grey-black depending on how the light captures it, it has no sharpening and a lovely tip.
    The overal fit is superb, the grip has no cracks etc. and that on a ebony grip on a used dagger is a miracle on its own.
    I will let the pics do the talking, but i am that exited that for the first time i will show a dagger with cellphone pictures, i think the result is pretty neat!
    Enjoy this rare bird!
    Ger
    M36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony gripM36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony grip
    P
    Many

?

That's a very nice dagger! The grip is really amazing. Tigerstriped grips are hard to find and even harder on a SS dagger. Well done m8!

Danny

?

Ger,

Tiger striped grip is a cracker m8 , never seen one before on a SS

great overall patina on this piece, lots of character

Congrats on this terrific find

Regards Mac 66

Well done on your find!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is one of the most natural looking B1s ..I have seen in a long time ...not once did I feel any inclination of wrongness when I first seen these photos when Ger first showed me... after viewing just a few photos ..the rest were all the same. " As to be expected of this CH SS type"

The Tiger stripe grip is a bit of a twist as we never see this process on any SS Daggers. This due to the fact that Himmler stipulates that the SS dagger not to altered because of the Cult it represents. The Original owner of this dagger IMO must of been an SA Mann at one time and had a commonly seen Tiger stripe grip on his SA dagger.
    This Renegade SA mann chose to do the same to his CH SS? ............ its just a story Gents..but the possibilty exists that this one slipped through the cracks of the ever watchful eyes of his superiors.

Totally all natural and untouched..well done Ger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ger, A beautiful dagger - once again you've done very well. As for the tiger stripe grip I have a tiger stripped G. 33/30 which is not common for a Wehrmacht rifle, but illustrates that when nothing else was available they made do with what was at hand. Walnut very often being underneath the black wood finish used on some daggers. I don't have time at the moment, if interested I have some pictures of catastrophic failures of grips where you can see what I'm describing, and perhaps a few where the finish is worn off. Best Regards, Fred

Cor
    ?

Very nice to see Ger. Sometimes you have to take pleasure in just pictures like me. Glad for you Ger. Be proud of it. Gongrat's and chears.

M36 Kettendolch B1 with Tigerstriped ebony grip

?

Hi Ger, thanks for showing this excellent B1 mate. Nothing more to say.
    These grips are so rare...
    I only saw one before in the archive of Lakesidetrader.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item....ation=Archives

?

Nice one Mr H, glad it turned up okay!. I must say it does look really quite nice. The handle is a great colour, with those stripes in it. Cheers Terry.

Ger you did it again, you always know where to look for those beautiful gems

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast