Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch

Article about: The real early History of the SS lies within these early types...just the sight of an anodized scabbard says alot! Although it was a factory reground was there any traces of the makers logo

Default Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch

I obtained this dagger in the early 1980's from a sergeant who served in the 45th Division. He was temporarily billited in Gruppenfuhrer Max Simon's house by Dachau. Besides this dagger, he also took ten sets of metal visor cap eagle and skull sets and a boxed large format set of photographs of Totenkopf in combat in France. On the cover of the box was a dedication to Simon from Eicke in rememberance of the actions in which they were in joint command.
    The dagger is a factory refinished Rohm dagger that had the inscription removed without a trace or loss of shape to the dagger. The veteran also had one other SS dagger of Simon's that he said was fancier and wished to keep. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to see it. The standards for collecting today are different than nearly 30 years ago. Today, I have only my word to verify the pedegree of this dagger. It is not for sale so I don't care who doubts me.Max Simon's SS DienstdolchMax Simon's SS DienstdolchMax Simon's SS DienstdolchMax Simon's SS DienstdolchMax Simon's SS Dienstdolch
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

Default re: Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch

Hi Bob, it looks a superb dagger. I expect the other was his 36 pattern chained dagger.

A very famous SS Officer indeed! For those who might not be aware of his career, here is a link:

SS-Gruppenfuhrer Max Simon

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great looking dagger with outstanding pedigree -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Wow, a beautiful dagger with an interesting history! Did you acquire any other items along with it? Thanks for posting it up.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Wow, a beautiful dagger with an interesting history! Did you acquire any other items along with it? Thanks for posting it up.

Mat
    Yes, the other items I also mentioned in the post.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Yes, the other items I also mentioned in the post.
    I'd love to see the insignia. are they already up on the forum? It's a pretty amazing grouping of items!

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    I'd love to see the insignia. are they already up on the forum? It's a pretty amazing grouping of items!

Mat
    I no longer own any of them as I had little interest in loose eagles and "sculls." I kept the mounted pictures for a few years but eventually sold them. There are times in all of our lives when we can not keep everything.
    BOB

?

Another superb piece of history Bob !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Excellent piece!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I no longer own any of them as I had little interest in loose eagles and "sculls." I kept the mounted pictures for a few years but eventually sold them. There are times in all of our lives when we can not keep everything.
    That's a shame, it would have been interesting to see. I take it you own SS visors, explaining a lack of interest in loose insignia? Regardless, that dagger is most definitely the main prize here. I love these and SA daggers, their design is fantastic.

Mat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast