Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Chained SS Type B1

Article about: Hello all, I had another on the line for my personal collection but this one just so happened to fall into my hands via facebook of all places. Hope you like it as much as I do!! William Kra

Default My Chained SS Type B1

Hello all,

I had another on the line for my personal collection but this one just so happened to fall into my hands via facebook of all places. Hope you like it as much as I do!!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Chained SS Type B1   My Chained SS Type B1  

My Chained SS Type B1   My Chained SS Type B1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Chained SS Type B1
    P
    Many

Stunning and outstanding William and I share also in your joy as i have the older brother Type A which is almost matching to yours. You have the greater Motto burnishing..the rest of the details are within the same family.

Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3

The pleasure is all mine to witness your Type B1..all within the same production year.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Beautiful grain on that blade.
    Congrats on that addition.
    Something to be very proud of.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

it seems i finally have to take a facebook account
    Lovely one, with a killer blade!

Ger

Congratulations!! . If my memory is not failing me, the nicest example of this type that I've seen in a very, very long time (and maybe longer). If ever a dagger was a "keeper" this is one to be very proud of. Best Regards, Fred

Wow!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It's sure is real beauty with great patina

Thanks guys!

William Kramer

?

I don't know much about these, so I apologize if this is an ignorant question. The handle to upper cross guard fit seems very poor to me. The wood looks like it sticks out way past the cross guard. I always thought this was a big red flag on older daggers?
    Or is it considered ok since everything else is so mint?

Depends on the producer or assembler of these daggers ...some of the fittings were sub contracted and then shipped to the producer or distributor. There were a good handful of unknown entities that put these together. Most widely seen are the ones that used Generic crossguard fittings from Piel & Adey ..PA internally marked. Would generic fittings that are common to Chained SS daggers and also SS and SA daggers shoot down a chained SS dagger? Not really.

The study of the Chained SS type separates itself from other dagger types in a realm of its own. Highly faked also.
    To Know a CH SS dagger you need to know the history of its beginnings.

Not all grips were made in house..but some were. I see no problem at all with the grip fit to the guard.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast