Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My collection of SS & SA Daggers, K98 bayos, etc. :

Article about: Hey guys! First post here, my name is Gregg..... Couple of friends on another forum told me this is a friendly place & you would enjoy seeing the below. I have a thing for Eickhorn SA's

Default My collection of SS & SA Daggers, K98 bayos, etc. :

Hey guys!

First post here, my name is Gregg..... Couple of friends on another forum told me this is a friendly place & you would enjoy seeing the below.

I have a thing for Eickhorn SA's & BOKER M33 daggers.

Hope you like looking at TR Edged Weapon pics as much as I do, cause there's a lot :

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection of SS & SA Daggers, K98 bayos, etc. :
    P
    Many

Default Re: My collection of SS & SA Daggers, K98 bayos, etc. :

Welcome to the Forum - Very nice collection of Third Reich cutlery,
    and many other cool items..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

What can i say other then WOW Impressive

?

Hi Gregg, Welcome to the Forum

I am Blown away with the Outstanding Quality of your Mega blade Collection

Love your Eickhorn SAs & your 2 Outstanding Boker SS Daggers

Great Photography as Well

Regards Scott.

?

Wow, very nice indeed. From where the thing with Eichhorn and Böker?
    No interest in other makers of daggers?

K.

WOW one word to describe so much drool from my mouth,, "BONANZA" of great collectibles! the Boker SS daggers stole the show with their crossgraining. "Emaculate"
    Every example you have posted is flawless. There is nothing more i can say as words can not describe my thoughts. This truly is what makes collecting so satisfying and a feeling of accomplishment after a long hunt! Thanks for sharing!! Regards Larry

What an introduction!! Magnificent toys Gregg, beautiful condition and really well photographed!

Jaw dropping collection and excellent photographs of them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

WOW!! Thank's for posting these blades Gregg, that's certainly the best collection I've ever seen!

All you need now is one of these......

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection of SS & SA Daggers, K98 bayos, etc. :  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Scott - The Trans. Eickhorn that you sent me is perfect for what I was looking for, I'm so happy w/ it.

Larry – Agree 100%.. And what “makes collecting so satisfying and a feeling of accomplishment after a long hunt!” comes after reading such nice comments from fellow collectors, affirming you're on the right track.

Krikkie1980 - To answer your question : It's just personal preference. There are some slight differences w/ the SA's that I prefer w/ Eickhorns, think they are the most eye pleasing. I wanted a series of Early, Mid & Late Eickhorn SA's, think the evolution of the SA (materials used, degree of hand craftsmanship) based on historic necessity is extremely interesting. The mid SA above is actually all nickel so most likely one of the earliest mid period Eickhorns.... With BOKER; there’s more personal reasons for why just that manufacturer. Imo they were doing things just slightly better & different then everyone else. On many well preserved examples you can see & feel another level of quality..Fits, are remarkable, some where the cross guards & grip fits almost look like one piece even over time , darkest burnished motto & distinctive characters.. Most of all, I love the different look of their in-house (internally marked B) cross guards. In person it's more noticeable but w/ pics from the right angle you can see their in-house cross guards are slightly thicker, meatier & have a distinctive shape. It's especially noticeable on BOKER’s upper cross guard (in-house). There's just something about their SS daggers that speaks to me?...Even the maker mark is particularly alluring,,, eerie…

Appreciate it guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast