Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need advice on SS dagger

Article about: Hello all, New to this forum and I need to start by asking you experts a question. I've been collecting various WWII collectibles for over 20 years, but never bought anything expensive. Now

PzB
    ?

Default Need advice on SS dagger

Hello all,

New to this forum and I need to start by asking you experts a question.

I've been collecting various WWII collectibles for over 20 years, but never bought anything expensive.
    Now I'm considering to expand my collection with a more rare piece, namely an SS enlisted mans dagger.

Not looking into the high end category, quite opposite actually.
    In this regard I have the following question;

It would be something like this: http://www.cowanauctions.com/auction...x?ItemId=94709

1. What is the expected price range of such an item?
    - I've seen offers between 800€ and 1500€
    2. What would be the best place to buy such an item for someone living in Europe?
    3. Would it be any problem getting it shipped to Norway where I live?

Your help is much appreciated! :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need advice on SS dagger   Need advice on SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need advice on SS dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need advice on SS dagger

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Although not in Europe, I would recommend at least having contact with this gentleman. He is well known for being an honest dealer and always describes his items worse than they actually are.
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/German/WWII/Dagger/SS/
    His site will give you good information as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Welcome to the forum,

Ralph gave you the url of a honest dealer, in fact there are not enough gents like him, so you can be sure your stuff is decent when its from Lakeside
    Keep away from sites like daggrs.com
    Keep an eye on the ads here at the classified section, SS daggers are sold here too!

It doesnt matter where you buy your daggers, but if your new we can be a great help!
    Before you buy ask good pictures of the dagger you want to buy, and before you do so, post it here for review!
    You will see that the warrelics members are very helpfull and they can prevent you from trowing away your cash to fakes and repro's

Cheers Ger

Quote by rbminis View Post
    ..................... and always describes his items worse than they actually are.
    Ralph, No offense intended towards you or Paul (Lakeside Trader), but I think that it depends on what the item is. While he is certainly IMO not one of those "flowery" (for lack of a better term) dealers who only has good things to say about a particular pile of rubbish that is for sale. Some of what he has for sale IMO either ignores or minimizes "problems". Which I'm hoping is just a lack of specialized expertise. Best regards, Fred

PzB
    ?

Appreciate the helpful comments and advice! :-)

So it doesn't matter whether I buy it in US or Europe?
    - what about freight, is it difficult to ship such "memoralia"?

I'll keep my eyes open and ask Paul, the Lakeside trader a few questions.
    This one looks like what I'm after, nice quality and affordable: https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=7283

PzB
    ?

Appreciate the helpful comments and advice! :-)

I read that many US sellers doesn't ship to Europe to avoid problems with customs.
    Kinda expected that, why I think a Europe seller is better.

Do you have any experience with shipping "memoralia" between countries in Europe?

I've bought from all over the world into the UK and never had a problem. German helmets mostly.

Can one of the Gents here cut and paste the image before we lose the image and the link is dead?... for reference reasons.... I am at work right now and can not do it. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have added the pics to the thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Strange looking hanger on the dagger in the first post
    Mametz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast