Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinion

Article about: Gentlemen I've been asked to do an appraisal of this estate. Obviously some one took advantage of this person. Can you please look at this dagger and sword and give me your opinion of it. Th

?

Default Need Opinion

Gentlemen I've been asked to do an appraisal of this estate. Obviously some one took advantage of this person. Can you please look at this dagger and sword and give me your opinion of it. Thanks Need OpinionNeed OpinionNeed OpinionNeed OpinionNeed OpinionNeed OpinionNeed Opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinion
    P
    Many

The Boker dagger looks very good. I'm not seeing any problems with it, but, of course, the photos are not the clearest. I do like the crossgraining on the blade. As for the sword, I'd rather hold back comment until we can see some sharper close ups of the grip with the eagle and the inscriptions on the blade-and the sword knot as well. At a cursory first glance, the sword itself may possibly be just an ordinary Police sword by WKC, but the inscriptions are looking very doubtful.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Odd combination..of a Policemans sword..and the SS Polizei Division etch. I agree also with Wagriff. More photos please of the sword. More photos of the dagger would be beneficial also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very much of the same opinion as my forum friends William and Larry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks much,these were the 2 items that stood a chance,the rest was pretty bad.Will try to get better shoots soon.Thanks again

Hi Guys.
    Boker looks very promising. The Police sword is by WKC which means it will have a little SS stamp under the crossguard. It could be that somebody saw the mark, which sparked there imagination to run wild and etched the blade to suit the SS bit?
    On the other hand some policemen were in the SS and would have had one of these swords but with an SS portepee as identification.
    Eitherway, so far both look original to me, however the etch I cannot comment on whether its Pre or post 1945.
    matty