Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on Himmler Honour SS Ehrendolch

Article about: Hi All, The opportunity to acquire this dagger just fell into my lap and I'd like to get some opinions. I know the photos aren't crystal clear, but there should be enough detail here for som

?

Default Need opinions on Himmler Honour SS Ehrendolch

Hi All,

The opportunity to acquire this dagger just fell into my lap and I'd like to get some opinions. I know the photos aren't crystal clear, but there should be enough detail here for someone with more experience than me to judge its authenticity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect SS Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on Himmler Honour SS Ehrendolch
    P
    Many

Default re: Need opinions on Himmler Honour SS Ehrendolch

In my opinion, it looks good to me. Check out the Lakesidetrader site and Tom Wittmann's offerings to see how it measures up to the ones they have listed. I see the proper grip eagle, super blade to crossguard fit, great grip to crossguard fit, high necked grip eagle, proper double oval Eickhorn trademark, crossgrain in blade, and thick throated anodized scabbard. The only thing not in the pictures is the "inspector" number stamp on the lower crossguard next to the blade. Very nice example of a scarce, expensive dagger. Of course, there's nothing like a "hands on" inspection.

Default re: Need opinions on Himmler Honour SS Ehrendolch

I agree with mlk4114,, everything looks good and the inscription looks identical to the one in Tom Wittmanns SS book. With all Eickhorns it is nice to see bench marks under the crossguard but not always necessary.Possibly as per every certain amount produced an inspection mark was put on the whole next batch. It is common to see some with and some without. Internally the guards should be marked "H E" and a little rarely "A R". The only thing I dont see what is common with Himmler examples is the deep accent grooving on the crossguards especially the lower one. The toning of color for the scabbard is correct for this anodized Himmler example. I know the photos are not the greatest but to see how the guards are marked internally would answer alot of questions. Nice find check the guards,,Best regards Larry