Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on this SS Dagger...

Article about: My comment was according to dzyner's web page..it look really brown Serialized SS Dagger

?

Default Need opinions on this SS Dagger...

Hi all,

Well... I found another SS dagger that I'd like to purchase and want some opinions before I pull the trigger, since the last one I considered was a repro. Is this one good?

I think I can get this for $1,000, am I paying to much considering the two decent size chips in the handle (both sides)?

Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...Need opinions on this SS Dagger...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this SS Dagger...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need opinions on this SS Dagger...

I think that if the forum says its real I think 1000.00 is a very good price

And they will say lets see it naked as well to see futher on this type of item!

Eric

It is good.

Cheers, Ade.

Rough shape, but I particularly like the SS number on the guard. It's always a great project to research these numbers and see who owned this! William

Indeed. It would be well worth getting the number researched.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I received the dagger the other day and added some photos of it to my site...

SS Dagger

The grip is more brown than I expected. Is that normal?

Also, I had the serial number researched and unfortunately there are no matching records at this time. Apparently its still possible a record exists, and may turn up eventually, but nothing in their database at the moment. If anyone knows of alternatives to the research services out there, I'd love to hear some ideas.

The grips of the SS daggers were not totally uniform by any means. A brownish tint is normal and not unheard of. Did you try Ross Kelbaugh for researching? John P. Moore is another good bet to try. Good luck,in any case! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I havent seen a SS Dagger with brown grip ( it is really a brown grip ) and the numbers looked not good to me . But I am not expert

Gentrex, Check out Ross Kelbaugh's site and you'll see many many different fonts used for numbers. They go from crude to jeweler fancy. The same goes for the color tint of the grips. Some grips are jet glossy black and some are hinting at a lighter brownish tint. Alot depends on the type of wood used and dyes,etc-as well as wear and useage,of course. Have they been Handled alot,for example, as this one apparently has? Dzyner's piece is still considerably dark and is more than acceptable in color. No, you don't ever see actual Brown grips like on an SA dagger,but this E.P. and S. dagger is just fine. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast