Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need your opinion for this SS dagger

Article about: Obviously there's no need to comment since the dagger wasn't bought, but I just wanted to share my observation. What you all have failed to mention, or have overlooked, is the fact that the

Default need your opinion for this SS dagger

is that the real deal? What can it be worth with the damage on the blade?
    thanks
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need your opinion for this SS dagger   need your opinion for this SS dagger  

need your opinion for this SS dagger   need your opinion for this SS dagger  

need your opinion for this SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need your opinion for this SS dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: need your opinion for this SS dagger

Both the eagle and the roundel look to have been either replaced or messed with-most likely post-war. The grip nut, too, looks to have substantial damage from much tinkering with it. At best, I'm thinking that this is looking like either an attempted restoration of a stripped and damaged piece, or else a parts dagger outright. In any case, the value would not be all that much and it's collectability seriously compromised.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff has put it in a nut shell really, my opinion is that this isn't the grip that was original to the dagger also,
    cheers Ronnie
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 05-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Agreed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Wargriff has put it in a nut shell really, my opinion is that this isn't the grip that was original to the dagger also,
    cheers Ronnie
    Your right Ronnie as also what Wagriff said,,not only the grip,, but the crossguards and the 2 scabbard fittings,, the upper being a toned yellow and the lower fitting being patined. The hanger was just added also. Oddly the reverese blade looks half decent which might show some prominent graining,, but the obverse has been overly buffed to where it wiped out some of the lettering. Why someone would do this is beyond me. Not a good investment piece which also is missing the SS distribution mark on the reverse guard.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Your right Ronnie as also what Wagriff said,,not only the grip,, but the crossguards and the 2 scabbard fittings,, the upper being a toned yellow and the lower fitting being patined. The hanger was just added also. Oddly the reverese blade looks half decent which might show some prominent graining,, but the obverse has been overly buffed to where it wiped out some of the lettering. Why someone would do this is beyond me. Not a good investment piece which also is missing the SS distribution mark on the reverse guard.
    Actually, the district mark is there, only on the wrong side. The guard has been installed reversed. I am able to see the roman numeral "I".
    I agree with William and Ronnie's assessment, not one I would spend very much on.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Actually, the district mark is there, only on the wrong side. The guard has been installed reversed. I am able to see the roman numeral "I".
    I remember a past post I made about getting old...and now cant seem to remember it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think they have Meds for that now, Larry....a shame I can't remember where I've put Mine...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

the hanger looks great

?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    the hanger looks great
    only put on the wrong way LOL, and its a RZM, so its not the Original one that should belong to an early SS dagger

agree with the rest,partsdagger, grip fits badly to the crossguards, better look for something else

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast