Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37

Article about: Would like to know your thoughts on this SS RZM m7/40/37 Thanks Bob

Default Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37

Would like to know your thoughts on this SS RZM m7/40/37 Thanks BobOpinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-17-2016 at 05:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37
    P
    Many

I just got this info from the seller

O.K. Bobby , That's all I can do I cannot do anything else . I did my best to get shots of the ends of the Grip to show the hole , but they would not show up , so here's the description .

The top of the Grip has a single hole , where the tang of the dagger comes thru .
    The bottom* shows it appears that there are three holes* the middle accommodating the tang ( center ) , and one on each side* expanding the hole to enable the wide part of the Tang to fit snuggly into the grip .
    The* Blade terminus where the blade end and the tang begins , fits like it was made for the Cross guard , There is no light between the* Bottom of the grip & the terminus of the tang . In other words they fit like a rubber glove fits a hand .
    The Grip is fitted to the Cross guard just like it is supposed to be , .
    When you tighten the grip to the Cross guard , there is absolutely no waggle , rattle or anything other than the correct fit .

Hi Bob..I will post my reply here from the GDC regarding the RZM number on this dagger.

Something to think about..There is no information that exists from what I can see that Hartkopf had a SS contract number. This looks like an SA RZM control number and as an SS RZM does not appear here on the GDC. Vern has excelled in keeping all information and data updated.
    Hartkopf only produced SA NSKK and HJ knives.
    Very close photos of the logo would be of benefit. ( End Quote )

The dagger described by the seller comments on 3 tang holes that "Expanding the hole to enable the wider part of the tang to fit snuggly to the grip.
    these photos below are what the top and bottom of a tang hole should look like..all the rest is misinformation by the seller who chose not to sell this dagger..but to sell a story.
    ( Below are 2 photos of a dagger grip top and bottom...if the seller was able to show the tang..why didnt he show the grip top and bottom?

Im not seeing 3 holes on the bottom of this Standard SA grip which is the same process performed on SS grips
    Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37 Opinion on this SS RZM M7/40/37

Without photos...authentication is almost impossible. I realize Bob you are new to this area of collecting....so none of this is your fault.
    The Edged community here has heard and seen it all ranging from the most pristine and rare..to the most horrid of junk with stories to match.
    1st Red flag is when a seller says he cant provide anymore pics...thats your opportunity to walk away.
    2nd is price..how much is it..and compare to current market value of RZM SS daggers..if you dont know..just ask..its why we are here.

Yet we are not an authentication service ..but a Hall of Study..that leads all new collectors to the truth in value.

The combination of this Hartkopf SA number and an SS honor motto did not exist during the period and Hartkopf was never issued an SS Contract..according to records in the Solingen Stadt Archives.

So between the refusal of the seller to provide...... more photos..and exact description of a reworked grip....the contentious combination of a SA RZM number and an SS Motto..points to a dagger compiled of a few authentic pieces and the rest postwar junk.

What was the selling price ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well that was a very interesting thread... I see why you are the "Moderator" !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Larry I know now that the grip has been replaced , No reason why he couldn't have sent pictures of it, It must be a buggered up job. I want an SS Dagger pretty bad can't really afford one right now but my wife always says if you want something you will figure out a way. But I want one that is original and to be really proud of. Since I finally got your email right I will send you the emails with the pictures on them. They are where you can really magnify them. He had a pistol with the dagger for sale wanted 3000 for the pair, said if they wouldn't sell he would take 1850 for the dagger . Looked pretty good on the pictures , but finding out it is Probly a part dagger and with the RZM issue . Not Good.
    Thanks Larry you have been a great help.

Bob