Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions needed on this SS Dagger

Article about: would you buy this ? I have been offered this RZM Klass dagger but my concern is the handle has a bad looking fit and I am not to sure about the rest of it, the price is fair if it's a good

?

Default Opinions needed on this SS Dagger

would you buy this ? I have been offered this RZM Klass dagger but my concern is the handle has a bad looking fit and I am not to sure about the rest of it, the price is fair if it's a good one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed on this SS Dagger   Opinions needed on this SS Dagger  

Opinions needed on this SS Dagger   Opinions needed on this SS Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on this SS Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Not my area of collecting but based on past threads and posts it is not looking good. The maker mark looks lazer etched IMO.. Larry C. and others will be the jury on this specimen and render a verdict.. I like to be proved wrong though, It helps my prowess and knowledge.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed on this SS Dagger   Opinions needed on this SS Dagger  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I was comparing the makers mark to the list at german daggers .com and it looks like what they show as good , but I have lots of concern over this handle I can see some small chips in the enamel on the ss button so I think it might be alright but then again I want to be sure before spending that much money. thanks all opinions are welcome please

?

The logo for sure isn't laser etched but done with acid. Laseretchings have perfect straight lines.
    The gripfittings in the guards would be my biggest concern to. Although later period SS daggers could been made of lesser quality and finishing.

?

I can except the gap at the lower guard but the top fit looks nasty. you think the grip is a replacement maybe or chipped slightly on the corners and not visible in the photo?

Not a fan of this one and better to be safe than sorry. The blade appears to be good..but the grip has some fit issues.
    Hard decision to make which the only decision would still keep money in your pocket. Sometimes we have to put the item back on the shelf..and keep shopping.

Never rush when spending near 2K . There are other examples to be had and found.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

he had this in a shadow box for years and removed for pictures, I really was hoping it was a good one , it's too bad about the grip fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions needed on this SS Dagger 

Agreed it looks great in the shadow box..but doesnt change the fit and grip issue with this dagger. It was my opinion that you should wait..and not bible.
    Just giving some advice to not shoot at the little birds first. but wait for the Turkey

I have walked by alot of SA and SS daggers and very tempting..but sometimes not all that glitters is gold. The dealers call us purists but when its your money and mine.....regardless of production abnormalities or mismatched fittings...at the end of the day we have to be happy with it..and not walk away being unsure.

Its a matter of personal preference..you may like the mid to late period SS types..I like the early. I would not mind to own a mid period SS transitional..but I have to like it first. You the same

Just my thoughts..you may do as you wish..but I would encourage further study of comparable types first before emptying your pockets.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

ok thanks Larry , I guess I will need to think about it verses price and condition

Sorry...nothing that I would consider having. It looks like a mish mash. Maybe assembled post-war from various period parts?

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast