Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Orginal or fake

Article about: Hi. Just want to see what u think about this one

Default Orginal or fake

Hi. Just want to see what u think about this one Orginal or fakeOrginal or fakeOrginal or fakeOrginal or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orginal or fake
    P
    Many

It looks artificially aged IMHO to cover up a reproduction. Please wait for additional opinions.
    John

The handle fit to the cross guards maybe the worst I ve seen. The rune button sets way to high in relationship to the wood and the recess inset for the eagle was terribly done. As John said the aging is really forced, the makers logo is unreadable because of the blade pitting, but the cross guards are simply tarnished? A bad one for sure. Best regards.

Brian

Quote by Persson83 View Post
    Hi. Just want to see what u think about this one
    Are you buying or selling ?

Blade is over corroded and pitted to detect any authenticity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From my perspective, and understanding that the images are not that good, I'm not particularly fond of anything that I'm seeing. Agreeing with Larry that the authenticity of the piece is in question, and this would not be something that I would recommend to a forum member with the information at hand. Best Regards, Fred

Every single point made above on the dagger itself would be enough to put me off this one but the pictures are terrible which initself is a well known "camouflage" method used to cover up all manner of rubbish. Even if this were really cheap it would still be an unwise purchase.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    The rune button sets way to high in relationship to the wood
    ie; It protrudes from the surface or it sits "proud" of the surface with which it should be "flush" or level if I may add to the explanation. Good assesment Brian

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-28-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks. I saw it on a sale site from Norway. The seller said it was 100% orginal. He wanted like 800$ for it.

$800 is a too good to be true price used as a lure to take your money. Maybe it is and maybe it isnt authentic...none of us here are willing to gamble your money away..when its best to walk away and still have it in your pocket..then to be left empty handed with a piece of doubt colored in black and grime.

Without authenticating this blade the dagger is nothing.
    Save your money and keep your eyes open ..there are some SS daggers that are decent and within reach between the $2500 and 3000 range.

Give our forum sponsor a look see Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

Im curious of the producers logo ..as it appears to be a tad too small to be a large double oval Eickhorn ..or that is the effect that the corrosion makes it appear to be smaller.

The lower guard is a Thuringia made SA dagger guard..and the blade was recently added onto the rest of the dagger. Condition of the blade does not match the rest of the dagger....an obvious flaw by someone wanting to deceive.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I looked as closely as I could at the makers logo Larry. I think? It s J.A Henckles. But even still it's too difficult to be positive but I'm fairly certain. Best regards.

Brian

Orginal or fakeOrginal or fake

And or Herder?Orginal or fake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast