Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Original SS chained dagger

Article about: Oh god.. Why?

I wouldn't restore it. It is what it is and there are too many restored/parts daggers out there that it would be a shame to make this another. It's in rough condition but that's part of its poetry,

Cheers, Pat
    Best regards, Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like there was someone very mad on the SS and the Nazi's!

I have seen some incredible Philip has commented on...but IMO..this one died..and should be left to sleep. I cant see much on any restoration attempts to be made on the scabbard..of would require a new paint job. This would be almost in the same category of forensic reconstruction..of a human head. This much damage to this dagger would only make it look near its original beauty. Leave it be is my opinion. A sad loss for the original owner..who had this dagger.....which had to end up in this unscrupulous condition. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There are a few parts, however, that could possibly be saved-such as the screws on the sheath fittings and maybe the pummel nut. Parts such as these are always being lost by people and could be of some small value to them.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12