Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.

Article about: Attachment 565626 This is the partial Rohm dagger of SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg. I have received a nice thick research package from SS researcher Ross Kelbaugh and I wanted to share. Th

Default Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.

Attachment 565626
    This is the partial Rohm dagger of SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.
    I have received a nice thick research package from SS researcher Ross Kelbaugh and I wanted to share. There is a lot more that I still have to translate including a letter written by Deeg which is long and hard to read and many official letters and documents including a complete SS officer and Race and settlement files.As there is too much to post here I will be making more information available to anyone interested via a web site I am working on including scans of some of the documents and will publish soon and post a link here. I had already had a name and a face via in a thread Ross posted on ssdaggersforum,I came across it by accident one afternoon when not even looking for the owner of my dagger I'm sure you can imagine what that was like.Ross provided an excellent service at what I thought is very reasonable price for the work and expertise that is involved, and far cheaper than I expected.

Regards Jon

Attachment 565627

Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg,SS No1403.
    Ludwig Deeg a Munich man was born on the 10th of December 1882,a veteran of WW1 he served with the army before and during the Great War first serving from 1902 -03 with Bayern infantry regiment Kompanie 6 and then from 14 September 1914-November 1918 with 1 Landsturm Infantry Battalion,20 Bayern Infantry regiment his rank being Unteroffizier from July 1915.He joined the SS in December 1928 joining the NSDAP at the same time his number being 104982,his SS Zivilabzeichen or"SS Civil Badge"number was 342.Deeg’s address in Munich was right around the corner from Princeregentspaltz, Hitlers appartment from 1929.In civilian life he was a construction technician his employer 'Bayern Versicherungs' Munich,an insurance company with the SS he worked as an accountant rising to state account inspector (Rechnungsinspektor).Deeg was married, he and his wife Anna had no children of their own but they did have a foster son called Frizt.Deeg was 30% war disabled and there are several letters in his file referring to this. He struggled with heart problems and died at his home Zaubzerstabe 4 on the 25th July 1942 and he was buried at Ostfriedhof(East cemetery) Munich on 28thJuly 1942.

Military service to 1918;

1902 -03 with Bayern infantry regiment ,Kompanie 6.
    14th September 1914-November 1918 1st Landsturm Infantry Battalion,20 Bayern Infantry regiment
    rank Unterofficer from July 1915

SS sevice history is as follows;

1928-1931 1 SS-Standarte
    21 August 1934:Fuhrer in the 34 SS-Standarte
    1 April 1936:Fuhrer in the Stammabteilung Sud Bezirk.34.
    1 June 1938:Fuhrer in the Stammabteilung Sud.Bezirk.1.
    25 July 1942 Deceased(Verstorben)
    his ranks were
    Allgemeine-SS
    SS Anwater(candidate)1st-December 1928
    SS-Mann 1st December 1928
    SS- Hauptsturmfuhrer 2nd March 1934

His awards and decorations;

Ehrenkreuz 1914-1918 fur Frontkampfer(Honour Cross for combatants)
    also known as the Hindenburg cross
    Bayern Konig Ludwig Kreuz
    Im Felde erworbene Landesorden(Field awarded ''land'' decoration)
    SS Ehrenwinklefur alten kampfer(ss Honour cheveron fo the old guard)
    Ehrendolch der SS (honour dagger with Rohm inscription).
    Totenkopfring der SS.
    Julleushter(Yule lantern).

Once again first class service from Ross Kelbaugh and many thanks to him I was lucky that so much could be found out in this case.

www.ssdaggers.com
    www.ss-numbers.com
    www.HistoricGraphics.com

Attachment 565628

Attachment 565629Attachment 565630Attachment 565631Attachment 565632Attachment 565633Attachment 565634Attachment 565635Attachment 565636Attachment 565637Attachment 565638
    Attachment 565639Attachment 565640Attachment 565628
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.   Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.  

Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.   Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.  

Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.   Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.  

Attached Images Attached Images Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partial Rohm Dagger SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Ludwig Deeg.
    P
    Many

Very nice Jon. I love researched items.

Thanks for sharing it here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think researchable pieces are fascinating-especially serialized daggers. An excellent dagger with some great history to match!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Rare of the Rare...thanks Jon again for sharing this historic and rare dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill