Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted

Article about: I respect and apriciate your opinion, but a real one is not option, end of story. No disrespect meant, really, I just like to be clear XD I can''t cough up that amount of money without selli

Default Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted

Dear Gentlemen,

I am looking for a quality reporduction of an SS Dagger. I recently bought a chained model which is although a nice try, not at all to my liking.

For a wall hanger or so it ain't bad and the blade / inscription aren't a complete nightmare, however the huge ""Plastic Fantastic" vibe radiates of this dagger.

For such a historical dagger it's almost an insult to make a reproduction like this (with all the respect to those who own and enjoy one, I'm glad you do!).

I''m currently looking to buy a good replica of an SS dagger since a mint / good used model will set me back more than I care and can spend on this unique piece of history. Are there any good reproductions around which are let's say no more than 150 to 200 dollars? Something that has a bit of weight to it and does right to this legendary dagger?

For those interested here are some pictures of my currently owned model (so people can see what the cheap china replicas look like), again, although it's not my piece of pie I do respect those who own and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that!

Some more info on this cheap reproduction. Blade is nicely done (laser engravred is my guess), has a false edge but looks good. Blade is not marked in any way exept "stainless" and "china" on the back. Hanle is plastic, scabart is plastic, both show obvious casting lines. Chain seems metal as do the decorations on the sheath, however it is cheap stuff and has no weight to it, chains is decorated on both sides. You cannot disasamble the Dagger as you would a real one, screw on the back does nothing... Eagle is not realy an eagle, and the wings are square instead of round. SS emblem is singel metal colour, not black and white as it should be. All in all, not to great......

Gr. Skyer

P.S. I tried to use the search function because I am sure this is not the first time around this question is asked but I coulnd't find any desirable results.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted
    P
    Many

Default Re: Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted

Good god that is truly horrible !!!!

Don't say I didn't warn you XD, I have quite a few genuine WO II items and are a fanatic weapon collector all together (modern and historical). This does not belong in my collection XD

To give you and idea of my standards, here's my handmade japanse katana

And another one, just to show of :P

Allong such historical weapons I just can't hang that plastic stuff on the wall XD

Welcome to the forum!

You will not find a good copy for that kind of price.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice "blades" you got there. And wow the "dagger" is bad. When i looked at the eagle i nearly spilled my nice green mint tea. Really.

@ Adrian Stevenson: Thanks! What should I count on pricewise? And what COULD I get for like 200 bucks? I mean there's good fakes of just about everything, even money. Can't be that there's nothing respectable for that price... Right?!

@ Datrus: Trust me, I believe you, like I said, I'm ashamed to own it... Atleast now there's some good pictures of what the chinese replicas look like for all those who are considering to buy, they normaly go around $40.-

I was gonna sell it, but I don't really wanna disapoint another soul XD

Fakes and reproductions of any kind of reasonable quality are made to fool and they don't sell that cheap.

Why not put your money towards an original item? Repros are just a waste of money in my honest opinion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

@ Ade: I hear what you are saying, but a stupid analigy, Pizza not made by your mother could still be good pizza right? I just can't cough up the money to buy a real one, In the condition I want my items to be it will set me back between $5000 and $7000.

I agree with Ade, the real thing might cost a of money but you'll get a lot more satisfaction out of owning the real thing, and if you hang onto it for a few years it will do nothing but increase in value

Thanks

Danny

My dad always said go big or go home! I bought a real one......( very nice I might add ) from a member of this forum for $2500. Its a beauty!! There are deals to be had, you just have to ask around!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast