MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

Article about: My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945. I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German dag

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Keep in mind the word "Prototype" when dealing with this very early type of dagger, its the very first type of its kind so forget other daggers, i have a good feeling about this dagger & do not want to see it trashed !

Some guys are talking sense other talking shit
    Exactly, I would absolutely hate to see a good piece trashed because people can't make a consensus on a item, would not be the first time I have saw this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Stevade View Post
    I agree Krisse .... it was you that mentioned Pack Handles were lighter .... I presumed you was talking SA Grips as it would be very difficult to produce a light coloured SS Black Grip ...!!
    No sir. I was talking about SS Packs could having lighter grips.
    That is a very well known fact.

The Christmas Dagger has had a lot of discussion back in 2016 on this Forum, it has also appeared on other forums for discussion.... there are mixed opinions.
    At the end of the day if it was offered at the same price as a Himmler Inscription .... would we buy it?? ... Probably not because we have not got the evidence to prove otherwise.
    By the way I’ve found another one to look at.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger   Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger   Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

?

Same eagle on this one as Wittmans.

Den70 .... I think this Eagle design in the grip was taken from the KEPI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger 

?

By the way I’ve found another one to look at.
    Very interesting. Maybe you can found big size pictures? Or have link for this dagger. I don't like wood on grip and insignia , but eagle correct. Blade and scabbard like on the TS dagger.

Den70 .... I think this Eagle design in the grip was taken from the KEPI.
    It different design
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

Very similar to this SS KEPI Eagle
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger 

We can safely say that this single owned dagger has been opened for what ever reasons seen by the wide swath of an F5 swirl on top of the upper guard.
    Some of the green patina is also missing

I would agree at this point to an inhand inspection and conjecture at this point is putting many labels on this dagger.

Oddly my Adidas look like Nikes now
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Very similar to this SS KEPI Eagle
    Yes. Only that this one is 4 or 5 times bigger then a gripeagle...

There was a Chained example produced with a black grip and also dug up this thread that there are possibilities.

H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????

Carl Eickhorn produced

Take note to the carl Eickhorn example seen on a GDC thread here
    Christmas in June! - German Daggers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast