MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

Article about: My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945. I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German dag

Default Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945.

I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German daggers.

These dealers were/are interested in it and one provided some information suggesting that it is a rare SS prototype or pre-production example.

I am interested in finding out more about it and in getting any information that would be helpful in my decisions of what to do with dagger in the future.

Thanks

You can PM me here or email me at [email protected].
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger   Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger   Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by RohmDagger View Post
    My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945.

I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German daggers.

These dealers were/are interested in it and one provided some information suggesting that it is a rare SS prototype or pre-production example.

I am interested in finding out more about it and in getting any information that would be helpful in my decisions of what to do with dagger in the future.

Thanks

You can PM me here or email me at [email protected].

Not without a discussion first

What is that word " Meure " ??

No disrespect..but your grandfathers story is not under scrutiny but the dagger already is.
    The motto font is a typical Pakistani font.

By the way the grip is mid period
    What came first the horse or the cart ?

" Meure " ...what is that ?
    If these " dealers " are so interested in it why did you bring it here when you are already convinced that it is an authentic bring back from 1945.

The grip eagle is not even close to being the same type of eagle Ernst pack used in these " early " ceremonial giveaways to high leaders.

Welcome to the forum Mr Rohm .
    All further comments are welcome providing supportive data.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Rohm Dagger,

We would be very interested to hear of the dealers names who expressed interest in this dagger. Sage collectors and experts here would know their names. The Adler in grip is no good to me and the blade motto as Larry states to me is not period done. It is a highly questionable piece.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

An Interesting Dagger! I'm sure it's REM's personal Dagger, and Hitler took it from REM and then killed him .
    Perhaps on the dagger has remained blood REM
    Sorry for being sarcastic!

I see it's doing the rounds, over on WAF as well.

I suggest your Great Grandfather takes it back to the Spanish Souvenir Shop he acquired it from and ask for his Pesetas back .... Old Manuel saw him coming.

It has been brought to my attention through PM about this dagger and my description of it.

I have said in the past to which I have no pride and please prove me wrong and find the truth.
    Im not going to jump up and down and get upset. Trust me

I dont want to see assumptions of how it looks ...bring forth comparative examples of font type grip eagle..grip wood etc.
    the blade is that covered over age grey we see with numerous fakes that pass through here...is this another one of them? Just a question Gents.

Post documented support ...and please nothing warm and fuzzy that we just have to accept things as rare.
    If so..then we must accept Hitler was just misunderstood.

With Hitler ..he was proven wrong ....lets find the truth. I gave my thoughts and grip eagle and wood photo. Lets see more fact and similiar used details and fittings.

Yes the guards are Pack
    Whats going on with the scabbard paint ?

The floor is yours Gents

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Sorry guys but I don't want to condamn this dagger right away that easy.

First of all, it clearly doesn't say 'Meure' but 'Meine'. See picture.

I cannot exaclty find pictures of this 'Meine Ehre Heisst Treue' inscription to compare but we do can compare some letters with a SA 'Alles Für Deutschland' inscripiton. Imo there's the same font used.
    I include a picture of such SA inscription to compare the 'n' at the end of 'Deutschland' with the 'n' of 'Meine'. These are exactly the same for me.

Regarding the gripeagle, I guess that different types could have been used as these are so called 'prototypes'.
    Or maybe not prototypes but accepted 'first types' SA and SS daggers as they were eventually given to their recepients.
    E.P. & S. was known to attach these eagles into their grips with a nail. The only other maker of these daggers, Eickhorn, didn't used a nail. The eagle in this grip looks like it was cruedly done but making them fit perfectly in a handcarved hole in the grip must have been a very very difficult task. So I guess that they could not all been done perfectly. One will be better executed then the other.
    For that, I also think that they eventually decided to use another type eagle to attach and make it fit easier.

The nicely 'nicotine'-patinaded quards are indeed typical Packs and the SS runes are imo also the type that was mostly used by Pack.

Then there rests us the Röhm inscription. For that we really should need to see better and detailled pictures imo.

I just want to make clear that we have to be somewhat open minded to these very early daggers and that we sometimes must be able to come out of our 'textbook-box'. (Yes, 'thinking out the box')

?

I see a SS marked motto blade, a SS grip roundel, but no black SS grip.

Recently seen several of these type's of daggers with what looked to me as artificially distressed blades exhibiting full Rohm and Partial Rohm dedications (both E-Pack and Eickhorn).
    I also see more of these 'Christmas daggers' coming out of late from the so called 'woodwork', then anytime combined since the end of the war.

Recently U.S. collectors who travel overseas state they they seen these fake blades show up at the big European shows the last few years.

OK, so what about this dagger ? No sense for me to say more except: outside of a In-hand personal inspection, it would not be one for my collection. But that just my opinion, and I realize that someone may like it and it just only needs to be sold once.

- Serge

?

Your observation regarding the grip is correct Serge.
    Pack was/is known to have lighter grips then other makers...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast