Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or fake SS Dagger?

Article about: Hello all, I just inherited this from my uncle. I have been reading up as much as I can but was wondering if someone can tell me if this is real or fake.

Hi Tray...Ade is right and at the most..it would be $50...im looking at the top crossguard and tang nut..which may stand a chance of being legitimate...but would need to see the inner markings if any and a close up of the condition inside. If real it may yield you about $100 US..about $50 more. Not sure if it would be worth your time. check it out and you are welcome to post it here..to show us. Sorry to hear about your uncle also..nasty stuff that chemical agent. An old friend of mine mixed it on the helicopters before it was used. Best Regards Larry

btw...I collect stillettos..post it when you get a chance
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake SS Dagger?
    P
    Many

Wow that really is informative article about SS daggers on Lakesiders website. I never knew the annodising finish we often see on scabbards is the same process used for blueing guns.

Anyway, nice quality postwar ss dagger. Can anybody tell if the handle is wooden or plastic?

Hi Matty..with these types of eagles used..the grips are the plastic variety. I would be very surprised if it was wood. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would agree Larry.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The eagles horrible. I think the grips plastic, it looks too hard for wood.

Ive never seen a straight replica (with no alterations) with a wooden handle, I just wondered if anybody has encountered one made this way?

Thanks Matty for your positive comment we will be filming the associated video in Jan.
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Education/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2