Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Runes on SS dagger crossguard

Article about: Hi al...i saw(it's not mine) this bad conditioned SS dagger with runes stamped on the lower crossguard Do you think they are period or added later to make the piece more desirable?? many tha

Default Runes on SS dagger crossguard

Hi al...i saw(it's not mine) this bad conditioned SS dagger with runes stamped on the lower crossguard
    Do you think they are period or added later to make the piece more desirable??
    many thanks
    Luca
    Runes on SS dagger crossguardRunes on SS dagger crossguard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Runes on SS dagger crossguard
    P
    Many

Not very good pictures

You are right...i have asked for Better pictures
    Thanks for reply

Research the SS number and see if he was some kind of leader or what rank he was that would designate the arrow pointing upward meaning " Leader "
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes the Number belongs to Hans-Werner Frhr con Aufsess a Sturmbahnfurher

?

I would rather examen the blade first...…
    SS lists are easy to access, so of course this number fits
    Most of the time this kind of dagger come without provenance…...

Ger

Thanks Ger...i'm waiting for better pics

More picsRunes on SS dagger crossguardRunes on SS dagger crossguardRunes on SS dagger crossguardRunes on SS dagger crossguardRunes on SS dagger crossguard

Quote by gerrit View Post
    SS lists are easy to access, so of course this number fits
    Ger
    I agree entirely, without provenance, such a dagger has to be taken on its own merits and not based on any serial number or personalization.

The numbers do look decent to me, the runes less so. It's a decent ground Röhm Herder with the possibility of being attributed to a known person but those runes are very suspicious to me.

I agree Billy

Why stamp an already SS dagger with more runes? I was never a fan of engraving dagger fittings as that feat are easily reproduced.
    I leave the engravings to those who study those font types and depths.

The dagger alone carries a ton of early history

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast