Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rzm 1053/38

Article about: Here is another one from my daggers. Not much crossgrain,but the motto and Trademark are very crisp! This one came with an anodized scabbard with plated fittings. Note,the tang is dual marke

Quote by Milan Gard View Post
    Hi,
    I am not dagger expert, but for me look original only blade, anodized scabbard is OK? should not be painted? Grip same as in 2nd post looks like from other dagger.
    1053 daggers came with both,anodized &painted scabbards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm 1053/38
    P
    Many

Gerd,
    I stumbled upon your post this morning and wanted to touch base with you and the other knowledgeable guys in this post. I am currently working in Ukraine at the moment and found myself in a little whole in the wall Antique Shop. I found a dagger hiding on a shelf that caught my eye. It turned out to be a very similar dagger to the one in this post aside for the H marking. The blade is very dirty with what seems to be just years of accumulation and there is wear on the handle. I know very little about these daggers but would love to get your opinions and some help finding out if this is truly a model 33 1053/38. I am still learning how to navigate this forum and as soon as I figure out how to upload pictures I will so please stand by.
    Thanks
    Adam

Default The Model 33 1053/38 I stumbled upon

Here is the Dagger I was talking about. I will post more pictures soon. I'm hoping someone can tell me if it is authentic and what should be done with it. This is an amateur question but do I get it professionally cleaned or does I just leave it in the condition it is in?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

Unfortunately, this is not an original dagger, but is rather, a pre-aged fake. We are seeing these more and more coming out of Eastern Europe of late in nearly identical "conditions". There are Many things that immediately indicate this, but to name just a few-there should be no leather washer on the blade. The grip does not fit the guards at all and is a total fabrication(the grip eagle and the runes button are not even close to genuine). Even the leather hanger is not correct or real.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I appreciate your knowledgeable help William. Although a fake, I guess the silver lining will be that I have a little souvenir that I didn't break the bank with.

Quote by POWsGGS View Post
    Here is the Dagger I was talking about. I will post more pictures soon. I'm hoping someone can tell me if it is authentic and what should be done with it. This is an amateur question but do I get it professionally cleaned or does I just leave it in the condition it is in?
    Sorry,but as William stated already,a poor fake. The 1053 is one of the most common fakes on SS RZM daggers,like Eickhorn on early ones.
    Regards,
    Gerd

Quote by POWsGGS View Post
    I appreciate your knowledgeable help William. Although a fake, I guess the silver lining will be that I have a little souvenir that I didn't break the bank with.
    A good souvenir indeed for study of what an SS dagger does not look like. A study of the threads in this SS section will be very enlightening and the differences in detail you will see are very obvious. Glad you didnt spend too much.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think its a dud.

Yes, the more i read up on the daggers and tell tale signs, and also the help from some of the guys on this site, I have come to terms with the fact I have a souvenir hahaha. It's been very interesting learning about these beautiful works of art so that in itself has been rewarding.
    Thanks

?

That last showed dagger is a very bad fake in fact...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2