Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM SS Dagger Blade

Article about: I just got back from a gun show and I picked up this blade. I do not know my SS items so I thought I would run it by you guys. The tip is slightly bent and it has some surface rust, but it s

Default RZM SS Dagger Blade

I just got back from a gun show and I picked up this blade. I do not know my SS items so I thought I would run it by you guys. The tip is slightly bent and it has some surface rust, but it seemed like an ok buy especially if it is authentic.
    Opinions welcome, Thanks in advance for your help
    -Ben
    RZM SS Dagger Blade
    RZM SS Dagger Blade
    RZM SS Dagger Blade
    RZM SS Dagger Blade
    RZM SS Dagger Blade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM SS Dagger Blade
    P
    Many

Default Re: RZM SS Dagger Blade

Hi Ben,, your blade is a late RZM7/66 Carl Eickhorn,,IMO ,under all that rust it looks like the real deal. Is there any markings on the tang as I thought I saw something on the middle of it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes there are thanks Larry, they are hard to make out and I do not have my magnified glass around maybe I can blow it up with my camera.
    What markings should be on the blade? What is a good price for something like this I think I did well but I can never tell with blades...

I know cleaning is bad for blades should I do anything for the rust or just leave it alone 100%?

Thanks again!

Is this the marking?
    RZM SS Dagger Blade

Hi Ben,, it may of been just my eyes or the pattern of steel on the tang...probably nothing. You can soak this blade in oil for a week which should loosen alot of the rust,,and wipe it off. see what it looks like at that point,, but i would not right now put any abrasive type cream like simi chrome on it until you remove the rust first. You may dage the finish even more. I know there are a few gents who could help you along in the type of oil to use. A light motor oil like WD40 or 3 in 1 oil may be a good start.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry I will look into that was xxx$ a steal?
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 04-25-2013 at 03:42 AM.

For what it is ,,Yes you did well IMO,,even if it was repro..it would still be the same,, but from what i can see by the condition of the tang and the logo..it looks good

Thanks Larry any advice on the tip it is bent, leave it so I do not break it?
    Would it be worth attempting to rebuild the dagger? If so where is a good parts source.
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 04-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Would this be from a dagger produced c.1938-42 since it lacks a maker mark, lesser quality metal in the inside, and has a high center ridge?

You could rebuild it with all period parts,,but what cant be included in it..is original soul. IMO it would not be original period parts belonging together with the dagger. I good fit is not gauranteed in many areas including the blade shoulders to the crossguard,,,upper scabbard fitting to the crossguard fit and grip fit to the crossguard. It would be a Frankenstein dagger. When a loved one is succumbed to Alzeimers disease..the family of the person suffers due to their loved ones memory loss...which IMO would be the same for me knowing that a dagger I bought is not complete to itself. It would not be the same.
    Then again you can part it together which would take alot of time,,as SS parts dont come around easy,,and display the blade outside of the scabbard. This blade is Late RZM as you have stated beginning in 1939. IMO I would leave it alone,,and you could invest the ( same money ) into a whole all in one Late SS example. Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast