Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Böker - looking for opinions.

Article about: Hi there members, I’ve been inactive on the forum recently due to work commitments, but I hope everyone is keeping well and that our American members across the pond aren’t too hungover.

Default Salty Böker - looking for opinions.

Hi there members,

I’ve been inactive on the forum recently due to work commitments, but I hope everyone is keeping well and that our American members across the pond aren’t too hungover..

About 2 or so months ago, the opportunity to purchase this Böker presented itself. I’m in the market for an early SS dagger - but am yet to pull the trigger on anything. The individual selling this article is a friend of mine (and very honest) - it was his fathers, who had quite a substantial collection of daggers and awards from the third reich era. I felt as if this was a salty - but honest - piece of early SS history, which could most certainly do with a wipe down. Larry was kind enough to help authentic this a while back when I first heard it was for sale. I’ve been thinking it over and would like some opinions from fellow collectors - is this something you would entertain? The asking price is a very stubborn £1900 - so a fair bit of hard earned cash would go into this. Obviously that is to be expected in the realm of SS collecting.

I look forward to reading any and all replies on this one. Best wishes to all.
    - Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Böker - looking for opinions.   Salty Böker - looking for opinions.  

Salty Böker - looking for opinions.   Salty Böker - looking for opinions.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Böker - looking for opinions.
    P
    Many

Salty is very correct ..and I love it because all the right details are there.
    I am especially intrigued by the home made vertical hanger and how it has access for the scabbard ring eyelet to poke through. Very cool !!

Nice find of a dirty girl

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

An honest example. Was wondering about the hanger but then saw Larry's comment about it being handmade. Pretty neat bonus
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I feel like the overall article could be improved with a simple wipe down and wax. The seller has left it untouched since inheriting it - but from the photos, that blade grain is certainly hopeful.

Yes the home-made hanger! At first I was confused also, thought perhaps maybe part of a hanger was remaining. The buckle itself on the front is a very unusual type, and the reverse stitching most certainly confirms a DIY job. The scabbard ring was most certainly removed with the intention of accommodating this hanger - again, making the overall article a-little more interesting.

Many thanks to you both, I think i’ve just got myself my first SS

Good to be back on the forum.
    Best wishes, Scotty.

?

1900 Euros is a good price compared to what we see from US dealers--congrats!

Many thanks! Think a trusted private purchase can most definitely drive the cost down - but it’s quite a rare occurrence.

- Scotty.

?

Just the way I like them. Untouched and patinated and actually not salty at all. Still in a nice collectible condition.
    And as Larry already said, a very intriguing hanger.
    Thanks for showing your good score.

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Just the way I like them. Untouched and patinated and actually not salty at all. Still in a nice collectible condition.
    And as Larry already said, a very intriguing hanger.
    Thanks for showing your good score.

Totally agree,

Same opinion, I like it. Best Regards, Fred

It’s encouraging to see that this piece is generating such a positive reaction. I was rather worried i’d be advised to give it a miss. Thank-you very much to the few who have commented - I appreciate it greatly.

Best wishes, Scotty.

My first SS - Salty SS Böker in hand!
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-27-2020 at 01:57 PM.