Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword

Article about: Gentlemen: I am doing research on the German WWII Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword. Would anyone know of the present whereabouts of that sword? I know German WWII Edged Weapons author and dealer

Clayton
    ?

Default Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword

Gentlemen:

I am doing research on the German WWII Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword. Would anyone know of the present whereabouts of that sword? I know German WWII Edged Weapons author and dealer Thomas Johnson had it for sale for a number of years. It is my understanding he no longer has it. Does anyone have information about this sword?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword

Perhaps Johnson sold it to Barry Brown in England? Does Wittman mention it in his book?

All I know is that Ben Swearingen wrote to me in a letter that selling it was the action he most regretted.

Clayton
    ?

Hello Poloberst:
    Thank you for the reply. It is my understanding that Tom Johnson sold the Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword to Barry Brown in the UK. And I have been told the sword was sold again to a collector in Russia.

I am doing research on important Third Reich objects being purchased by Russian collectors and collectors in Eastern Europe. I am asking about the Russian collector who purchased the Joseph Sepp Dietrich SS Honor Sword but I also want to find information about the Russian collector who recently purchased Hitler's Mercedes and the Mercedes ownd by Third Reich Diplomat Ribbentrop. Any information about this flow of rare Third Reich objects to collectors in the East, would be greatly appreciated.

Clayton

The thing i have been wondering is, who is this Russian collector, and does he have a web site, where a person could view his collection, I would love to see the Mercedes' in his collection, and lord knows what else he has..

Brian

Clayton
    ?

Hello Brian:

I'm not sure the same Russian collector bought the Sepp Dietrich Sword and Hitler's Mercedes. In fact I am not sure if the Sspp Dietrich sword has actually been sold to a Russian collector. I have not been able to confirm that fact although several sources have told me this is what has happened with that sword.

I am 100% certain Hitler's Mercedes and Ribbentrop's Mercedes has been sold to a Russian collector in Moscow. The same man owns both vehicles. I would very much like to interview him but I have not been able to identify this Russian collector.