Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

Article about: I'm posting a few more photos here after receiving a private message on another forum from someone in Germany claiming the SS roundel is a copy, the makers mark sits too far from the guard t

?

Default Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

Hi all,

I just received this partial Rohm Serialized SS dagger in the mail yesterday and thought I'd share it here for opinions. This is my second Partial Rohm SS, however my first is in much nicer condition overall, with the exception of the blade.

The scabbard on this one is very pitted and silver in tone, with rust spotting. A couple screws are missing from the scabbard fittings so my assumption is the vet attempted to refurbish it and in the process stripped what remained of the scabbard paint down to the metal. The cross guards also appear to have been very lightly steel wooled, although you have to look very closely to see the fine grain left by the wool. The grip has suffered quite a bit of shrinkage, and has cracked in a couple of places. Oddly enough, the areas where the wood actually chipped away are smoothed over. Typically when I see a chip the wood around the chipped piece is still somewhat jagged and sharp.

The blade is fairly nice, considering the condition of the grip and scabbard. Where Rohm's name was ground away you can see a swirl pattern as if the soldier tried to clean up the roughness of the grind... did a bad job of it

For the money I feel it was a good purchase, and the fact its both a partial Rohm AND a serialized dagger as well makes it a somewhat rare find in any condition as far as I'm concerned.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks...

Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect SS Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...
    P
    Many

Default re: Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

Hi Dzyner,,you wrote a great description! Although the dagger is on the rough side, I do not see anything that would raise a "Red Flag". The logo is in the correct position for this maker. Congrats! regards Larry

I love numbered daggers, but you know that!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Though obviously having had a rough time, not a dagger I would reject.

I wouldnt say no to it either great find
    cheers Ronnie

Nice one, I would display it anytime

Thanks

Burt

?

REALY nice.
    With a piece like this the condition doesn't bother me at all.

Indeed rough, but still a pretty nice dagger.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I wish that dagger could talk... Nice find!!

?

Thanks for the feedback guys! She's not perfect, but I'm fine with that Ade, I checked on the number and unfortunately its not in the database. Oh well, maybe one day we'll locate her owner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast