Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SS 1933 ground Rohm Ehrendolch to SS-Obersturmfuhrer Franz Ott

Article about: Hi guys! I got this one a cpl days ago here in USA. It is a beautiful ground Rohm and was presented to Franz Josef Ott, whom I`ll post a few photos of, as well as a few documents from the ge

?

Default re: SS 1933 ground Rohm Ehrendolch to SS-Obersturmfuhrer Franz Ott

Stina, congratulations on a very impressive purchase. I bet you're over the moon to get that one and it looks in such fantastic condition too. The provenance and history that accompanies it is superb. I'm glad we now know his shoe size. Very important information you know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Stina, congratulations on a very impressive purchase. I bet you're over the moon to get that one and it looks in such fantastic condition too. The provenance and history that accompanies it is superb. I'm glad we now know his shoe size. Very important information you know.
    Adrian, thank you! YES, I am over the moon and 7 seas because of this dagger, I have been waiting for quite a while to get it. The book that comes with it is really impressive. And the shoe size IS of great importance!!

now you just have to find the rest of his uniform..............and his boots

Hi Christina, sorry to say I do have some concerns, especially about the scabbard. To me it is refinished. I am looking at the coloured bloom to the finish. An original finish would not display this look. Take a look here to see what I mean. Double click on the pics to enlarge them:

Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - SS Dienstdolch

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great condition and a nice combination with the owners background and vertical hanger! regards Larry

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Christina, sorry to say I do have some concerns, especially about the scabbard. To me it is refinished. I am looking at the coloured bloom to the finish. An original finish would not display this look. Take a look here to see what I mean. Double click on the pics to enlarge them:

Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - SS Dienstdolch

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Adrian

Could it be because it is fully anodized and it hasnt worn off? Some photos were taken in sunlight, others in the shadow on the stairs. I like it though. I guess I`ll have to throw it away then.... LOL

Warm regards, Chris.

I like it too but is this gap normal on one side?

Name:  188.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  125.2 KB
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It is normal wood shrinkage.. take a look at some of the other daggers in this place, they have it too

This part of TR is still new to me but I thought srinkage would show up some what even and not just to one side I may be wrong here just trying to learn.
    This one showes even shrinkage from the link Ade has shown.
    Eric
    Name:  2555.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  41.5 KB
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I am very new as well

Well, the knot on the top has to be kept somewhat loose to prevent the grip wood from cracking during humid times.

But I dont doubt that the dealer sold me a good one, as he has been in the top of business in the US since the 60s, and he is an authenticator.

Thanks for your comments, guys. I do appreciate it. Enjoy your evening!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast