Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

Article about: These can be found on the reverse side of the lower crossguard of the SS Dienstdolch and comprise of a small die struck marking of either a Roman numeral, I, II or III. Annoyed from this ads

Default SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

These can be found on the reverse side of the lower crossguard of the SS Dienstdolch and comprise of a small die struck marking of either a Roman numeral, I, II or III.

SS daggers inspected and then were sent to to the various SS districts throughout Germany from three main distributions centers.

I = München.

II = Dresden

III = Berlin.

"I" seems to be the most frequently observed marking on SS daggers in collections today in Western Europe and the USA. I think this is due to most SS daggers were liberated by US or British forces and they had little opportunity to obtain daggers distributed from eastern parts of Germany. Soviet Forces tended to liberate those with Berlin markings.

Cheers, Ade.

Also Included with the early District stampings above are the early SS makers below that would of had these stampings applied to.
    I will be updating this information periodically as it surfaces....... Regards Larry

Early SS makers:...Standard size logo and their SS District Designation Roman Numeral Stampings
    Roman Numeral Stampings will be found on the Original large issue of SS daggers.

ASSO- Arthur Schuttlehoffer
    Heinrich Boker - ( District I & III )
    Reinhard Bertram & Sohn - ( District I )....... ( Distributor )
    F.W. Backhaus
    Carl Eickhorn - ( District I & III )
    Ed Gembruch
    Hermann Hahn......" Unattributed SS Producer "
    Gottlieb Hammesfahr - ( District I , II , III )
    Richard Herder - ( District I , II , III )
    Jacobs & Co.
    Robert Klaas - ( District I , II , III )
    Wilhelm Kober
    Carl Julius Krebs
    Klittermann & Moog
    Puma, Lauterjung & Sohn
    Louper, "Louis Perlmann"
    Ernst Pack & Sohn, "EP&S" - ( District I , II , III )
    Emil Schrick & Sohn ......." Unattributed SS Producer "
    WKC ( Non Producer ) contracted to grind Rohm dedications, regrain and polish blades ( Thomas Wittmann SS Reference pg 24 )
    Josef Wolf

Below are 4 RZM makers of unknown producers who were producing daggers who participated in the use of early craftmanship and materials including district markings to date.

RZM 120/34 SS - ( District I )
    RZM 121/34 SS
    RZM 121/38 SS
    RZM 188/35 SS - ( District I )
    RZM 807/36 SS

Below are Rohm SS dedication pattern makers. Some of these producers have been seen to have district stampings as these daggers were honorary and were produced with no stampings.

Carl Eickhorn - small double oval logo
    Heinrich Boker- small double oval logo
    Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    Richard Herder
    Robert Klaas - small logo
    Wilhelm Kober

Below is the sole maker of the "Himmler dedication pattern dagger"

Carl Eickhorn- small double oval
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-27-2020 at 06:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

Hello Gents I merged together with Ades SS distribution markings thread which are appropriate district stampings seen on early SS makers only..with a list of early SS producers and Rohm SS dedication pattern daggers..that have these markings appear on the back of the lower crossguard.
    These are the producers that I know of to date and the forum would welcome any addition to this list as information arises. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill