Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"

Article about: by Richie B No £1000 Worth at least £50. This is a standard German WW2 bayonet with a totenkopf attached to the frog. Hope that helps. Richie I took a quick look at this bayonet. The guy pro

Default SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"

Hi, saw this for sale searching around. Is this a genuine SS item, or a fantasy piece? Below is what the listing for the bayonet says. Maybe a custom-special order bayonet?

SS-Bajonette - 22. Freiwillige Kavalleriedivision "Maria Theresia" - Gebrauchsspuren - Rest siehe Fotos - EU-Versand. SS bayonet - 22nd volunteer cavalry division "Maria Theresia" - use traces - remainder see photos - EU delivery

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"   SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"  

SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"   SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Bayonet -Fantasy or Real? Division"Maria Theresia"

More than likely a 1950's mock up .....
    These were made to deceive in quite a few varieties and 99.9% can be written off as these.

Normally the standard of etching is just not there !

No doubt some of the indepth experts can confirm ..

(If it was a 22nd SS "Mother Theresa" .. then it would be something else !!)

Gary J.

?

Hi Steve , that`s i nice K98 bayonet and scabbard , but i have never seen a combat bayonet etched like this , you could see the sense on a dress bayonet . The etch looks poorly executed , and to me , someone has spoilt a nice item ,

Cheers Al

these kind of very special bajonetts are only etched for foreign collectors (outside germany :-)) !

it could be a british work of the 70´s, but normally the guys are working
    in a better quality.

It is a indeed a British made fantasy from the '70's..

Cheers, Ade.

Most of these were "made" by Soldier of Fortune. Sadly there are still those that try to palm them off as originals. The only original thing about them is that they are real bayonets, ruined by some moron, who thinks that it will increase its value.

worthless junk

@Adrian

ist this your work adrian? as i see, you are from Great Britain the home of
    special honour bajonets :-)

best wishes Auda

I remember seeing these for sale in "Exchange & Mart" magazine back in the 1970's. I think they were £15 back then?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Most of these were "made" by Soldier of Fortune. Sadly there are still those that try to palm them off as originals. The only original thing about them is that they are real bayonets, ruined by some moron, who thinks that it will increase its value.

worthless junk
    John, I think the moron get his money in the time when they was a cheap stuff but he get more than for just a bayonet in that time
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

A totally postwar faked etching. No doubt done to increase the sale value of what seems to be a poor condition bayonet. Formed at the end of April of 1944 from Hungarian volunteers, it received the “Maria Theresia” title at the end of that year. Being destroyed at Budapest in February 1945.

My favorite "SS" bayonet like this was for an SS unit that only made it to the ‘paper stage’. Never even being staffed, much less made operational. I wish that I had kept a picture of the blade to show the unwary how ridiculous they were. FP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast