Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS bayonet genuine?

Article about: Hi Fred,,,,,, looking forward to whatever you can put together as a reference resource Regards Larry

Default SS bayonet genuine?

This bayonet is for sale, marks may be original? Marking may belong to a SS unit?
    I want the opinion of experienced collectors bayonets knowledge of ss.
    Thanks Collectors and moderators!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS bayonet genuine?   SS bayonet genuine?  

SS bayonet genuine?   SS bayonet genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS bayonet genuine?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS bayonet genuine?

I've never seen a bayonet with SS acceptance marks on it. I think its a fake with the added metal stamp.
    Ryan

They look like Allach SS runes...I'd say someone took a beautiful dress bayonet and stamped some fake runes on it to add spurious extra value to them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ady!!.....I have to agree also that the Kulturzeichen stamping is not seen on Bayonets and is a recent stamping. This was usually reserved for SS swords and Chained SS daggers ..along with some Allach porcelin. The producers logo is nothing close in simalarity to an actual EP&S "Ernst pack & Sohn" logo features and style. below is an EP&S logo to compare to.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS bayonet genuine?  SS bayonet genuine? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is what it looks like on a type ii chain on a chained SS dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS bayonet genuine?  

?

The monkeyshops most likely in eastern europe (no offence) have probably found out it easier to buy "cheap" original militaria. and place some small "semi hidden" exotic ss stamps on them. So the buyer believe he has found "THE" dagger for "JUST" 50% over normal dagger price.

Wagriff has reminded me as EP&S did have many variations of their logo. Wagriff will post the link shortly to the various types. I am not used to seeing this style of fabric flare on the logo clothing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice Pack bayonet got ruined by someone,that's shame.

Is it me Willaim that i cant seem to scroll down the page in the link.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast