Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS chain dagger

Article about: Hello everybody, I need your opinion about the SS chain dagger here, I think the chain is good, the blade also, but I’m not so experienced to say that’s 100% sure The guards are bad and my q

Default SS chain dagger

Hello everybody,

I need your opinion about the SS chain dagger here, I think the chain is good, the blade also, but I’m not so experienced to say that’s 100% sure

The guards are bad and my question is they are original to this blade ?

Attached some pictures

Thank you in advance
    Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chain dagger   SS chain dagger  

SS chain dagger   SS chain dagger  

SS chain dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS chain dagger
    P
    Many

Hey Dirk,

Is this yours? Or are you looking to purchase it?
    To be honest Dirk, the whole dagger is in very poor condition.
    You could find one in much better condition quiet easily,
    I’m not sure what your plans are with this one but it may be a bit too far gone.
    That’s just my opinion mate.
    The chain looks to be a type 2 chain Dirk, as it has beveled connectors joining the links to the clover leaf.
    Last edited by AussieNewbie; 02-02-2019 at 02:01 AM.

Dirk, While some guys seem to have a real problem wrapping their heads around the idea that the Germans went to substitutes when supplies of the materials (like copper based nickel silver) used earlier were discontinued - it's a fact. Not in hand which helps with the small details, and having some corrosion that obscures some of them, what you appear to have is the earlier version of the 4th manufacturing generation of the M1936 steel chained SS daggers with the thicker plating like the late 3rd generation. With the lower crossguard/scabbard fitting just like they do with the OEM examples, that version having crossguards made of zinc. And while yours is damaged by corrosion and arguably not that attractive, it's more intact than some I've seen. (And the obverse side should not be marked). Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 02-02-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: after downloading the images correction

Think you're missing something Dirk like the handle! Looks pretty salty and value is sure taking a hit. If you don't own it I would pass big time.

I was the one who sometimes quoted : " its better to have hogs breath than no breath at all "
    Im not seeing any breath of life in the amount of corrosion seen on this dagger.

I would say Fred answered the best.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello everybody

i collect and i like it if the things are in relic condition and that would be ok for my ( Bodenfund )collection.
    A german dealer is selling this dagger, but the price is 1800 euro and that is too much for me.
    I'm still in negotiation with him but it is not easy
    important for me is to know it is a real chain dagger or a good fake, and I do not know that the crossgurads are made of zinc, it is ok or not ?

Thanks for your replay

Best regards from Cologne

Quote by Dirk1969 View Post
    ....................................... important for me is to know it is a real chain dagger or a good fake, and I do not know that the crossgurads are made of zinc, it is ok or not ?
    Thanks for your replay
    Best regards from Cologne
    Dirk, From what I can see the chainset appears to be TR period. And zinc the primary metal that was used for cast parts in later period dagger manufacturing in Germany during the TR era (that was stopped in 1942) so no problem there. Best Regards, Fred

Fred, thank you for your Feedback, i have just a one question about the price.

What could be a reasonable Price for this relict dagger?
    i know that is a difficult question because not everyone collects the condition

What do you think?

Best regards Dirk

This has to be a joke that your in negotiations with a dealer that has a price tag of $2050 US.

Fred can not answer the question of value.
    1. This forum was not created as a valuation service
    2. There is no market value for a deeply degenerated condition dagger.

The only value that can be attached is the answers you received from Fred about the guards and the chain.
    If your looking to piece together your own Chained SS and resell it elsewhere ...your search for info has ended right here !

Thats all there is.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I do not quite understand what you are constructing from my question?
    It's not a joke and it was a sinple question to find out a estimtated value a this
    relic chain dagger, not more and not less

The topic is now closed for me

Regards Dirk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast