Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Chained Dagger

Article about: I need opinions of respected members of the forum, regarding this SS Chained Dagger. For me is very good replica, but SS is not my area, so i want to hear a other opinions. Thank you in adva

Default SS Chained Dagger

I need opinions of respected members of the forum, regarding this SS Chained Dagger.
    For me is very good replica, but SS is not my area, so i want to hear a other opinions.
    Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Chained Dagger   SS Chained Dagger  

SS Chained Dagger   SS Chained Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Chained Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Vedran.

My first impression is there is something not right with this one. But I know much to little to really give you a good answer.
    I think the chain look a little off. The skull looks a little different from any others Ive seen.
    I also think the SS marks on the links look a little stretched and pointy...
    But this is only my novice opinion.
    Will be interesting to hear some what the pros say.

Cheers,
    Jonas

A modern replica. The chain is especially telling, as Jonas mentioned, in regards to the long runes and the strange jawed skulls. The clover leaf is also not very well done with crude soldering. The sheath does not mate well with the crossguard and the parts that should be nickel plated look to have been cheaply chromed instead. Overall, it's exactly as you first said-a well made modern replica. Good for display from a distance. The makers would have done well for themselves to put abit more work into the chain details and keeping the finish from being too chromey/shiny in appearance. Alot of little oddities like the sheath screws etc are not correct either, but you've got the overall idea.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Another novice's opinion - but for me the condition does not lend itself to a 70+ year old item, no matter how well it has been kept.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you all, for the opinions about these SS dagger.
    Maybe this SS dagger deserves a place in this topic?
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ctions-276437/

Regards
    Vedran

Someone went to alot of trouble to replicate a Type 1 chain what is known in Wittmann reference...but out of 4 chain types a Type 3. There is alot of inconsistencies with the details in the chain..which overall..Harley Davidson motorcycles would be jealous of the amount of chrome plate that is seen on all the fittings.
    Yes Vedran..this one is worthy Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ................................ Yes Vedran..this one is worthy Regards Larry
    I'm in agreement as a worthy candidate to add to that "collection". Best Regards, Fred