Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I would like your opinion about this SS dagger RZM M7/13 534/40. After reaching the internet there is not so much about this maker, not even in the book of Ralf Siegert. So

?

SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40

Gentlemen,

Some more pictures. Could not losse the tang nut but I could move the cross guards. Cross guards were not magnetic. A lot of chips missing around the grip eagle. Hanger looked new, was smelling greasy. I my opinion the Scabbard is not repainted! The motto was rough if you look closely.

Do these pictures change your opinion about the originality of the dagger?

Regards,

Twan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40   SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40  

SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40   SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40  

SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40   SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40
    P
    Many

?

Why the hell on earth would you try to move the guards? And especially when you didn't removed the pommelnut...?????
    It's physically not possible actually...!

And nobody here said that your dagger is fake...!!!

?

The guards were losse, so it would be nice to refit everything!

?

Quote by Twan View Post
    The guards were losse, so it would be nice to refit everything!
    Okay. Just be very carefull when you do...!

Leave it alone Twan..no need to take it down..and if the guards are loose ..it's because if decades of wood shrinkage. Some daggers will do that. Leave it be.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If it's opinions that is being asked for I'm pretty much in agreement with the others. Not in hand, it looks to me also like it has been refurbished having a later painted scabbard along with the backed out screws. I also have a perhaps slightly different opinion as to its questionable loose cross guards. Yes, wood shrinks which causes it to pull away from the static metal parts. But that in itself does not cause the end grain fractures like those seen splitting kindling along the grain - it's from over tightening. And here I see some fairly large pieces missing and what looks like it could be some wrench marks on the nickel plated steel pommel nut. Also being of the opinion that any additional forced fitting/over tightening will probably only cause even more pieces to break off - and that as Larry says it should be left alone. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dager RZM M7/13 534/40  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2