Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SS dagger 1933 with tag

Article about: G'day all, I saw this dagger here in Perth on the weekend and took a couple of pics, I thought it was pretty good! I've only seen a few of these with the paper tags online, I never thought I

Default SS dagger 1933 with tag

G'day all,
    I saw this dagger here in Perth on the weekend and took a couple of pics, I thought it was pretty good! I've only seen a few of these with the paper tags online, I never thought I would see one in the flesh here in sleepy Western Australia. The pics are a bit ordinary because I only had my phone with me but the dagger looked really good. I wasn't sure about the scabbard, it almost looked a bit too good but having said that the scabbard seemed to fit the dagger very nicely and, as I've learnt here, I shouldn't be put off just because something looks really good. Anyway, it is out of my price range and it has a buyer lined up already, I just thought you blokes might like to see it too.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dagger 1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	405063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dagger 2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	405064  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dagger 3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	405065  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS dagger

May I ask what the dealer was asking for it?

I think he said $4200 but he already had a bloke that wanted it.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I think he said $4200 but he already had a bloke that wanted it.
    First time I am seing one! (with paper tag, that is!!).
    Thanks for sharing.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: SS dagger 1933 with tag

You guys know what I am going to say.... in scabbard back to front.....

These tags are faked like everything else. I do not know enough about these to give a valid opinion.

I don't like the marks on the retaining nut. Clearly someone has messed with the dagger at some point in time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade and I will not give out any information on the tag except of its position on the grip. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also Looks a poor fit to top crossguard to me, i dont think i would have it (if i had that money )
    cheers Ronnie