Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Dagger

Article about: I recently found this dagger in a deceased family members belongings and would like some information about it. According to my family it was given to my uncle, an American soldier, in 1946 b

?

I will post the SS Ausweis my Opa told me was a waste of money but I knew more. I was a dumba$$ and did not choose wisely. 150.00 auction lesson cause ohhhhh look who knew so much. Not me at the time. 😜
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Cman,

I do applaud your attitude and taking the responses from us all as with the intent to protect you & give you straight talk. You did not get defensive and try to posture which takes some real gonads. It is a group that has seen and heard so many trumped up stories and bad behavior from a select few. We hope you stay a member and have the interest to post the other items you mention. I know the feeling of finding something unique & you think it could have big promise, the lore of a story & be amazing and then to find out it is a dud. Every person on here if honest has been there in their collecting career. Junk on the bunk is what makes us all sharper at days end. Iron sharpens Iron! Good Luck!
    Best Regards, Fred

off topic:

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    In my own family, as a kid my mother would tell of a family story that she was told as a child that somewhere in Bohemia- Moravia there had been a castle in the family name
    Such a story was told to me also. It however actually exists, no BS.
    A friend of mine had visited and told it to me. And so does a brand
    of beer has my name.
    But I have no idea where my name actually comes from. Maybe from
    there.

Šariš Castle (Slovak: Šarišský hrad) is a ruined Gothic and Renaissance era stone castle above the town of Veľký Šariš in Prešov District, Prešov Region, Slovakia.
    It is a hilltop castle located on a cone-shaped hill with a wide plateau at its top, in an altitude of approximately 570 m (1870.07 ft) above sea level. The ruins lie
    6-7 km northwest of Prešov, Slovakia, in the traditional region Šariš.

SS Dagger

SS Dagger

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    got one like that in my junk draw,bought it in Spain on holiday 70s.
    I`l give you what you paid for it, lol.

?

that was a lot o work making that back then

Congrats Wilhelm, some go their whole lives trying to get their name on a beer. Have you tried it?
    CMan, welcome to the forum, here you will find a great group. We all are here for knowledge in this hobby, not for profit. As a young fellow, I had a baseball signed by the 1961 NY Yankees given to me as a gift from my Grandfather. It was the prize of my collection for years. I fell upon hard times and sold it to a fellow collector. He sent it off to have it authenticated by PSA. It came back as a total fake. After digging up info, my Grandpa had passed away prior, I found out that it was not something he had got signed as I thought, but he had bought it at a garage sale.
    After being in the antique and collector business for years, I have heard many of tale. K

This dagger a said above is spanish made fake . The details and craftmanship..none of which match an Eickhorn SS Honor dagger. The $2500 quote was a slap in the face as real ones that were found ..were sold for 100k.

$2500 even for a moderate conditioned standard SSem will run close to $3500. An SS mann which in this case would of been a SS Highleader being so proud of not hiding the fact would of sat in the front row of the SS dockets. I agree also..what has been said..about these guys getting rid of any evidence that connects them to this organization.

I bought 3 SS medals from a fleamarket dealer one time spending a total of $60..told me these were sold to him by an "Old German guy in a wheel chair being pushed by a nurse aide........................at the same fleamarket !!

Buy the item first through study and research ..the story may connect if the item is real. We hear it all the time here..but thankyou for posting here.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3