Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS dagger

Article about: Hi guys not bought this yet hope you could have a look for me guy wants £1.700 got a small crack in Handel but looks ok

?

Default SS dagger

Hi guys not bought this yet hope you could have a look for me guy wants £1.700 got a small crack in Handel but looks ok

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger
    P
    Many

?

Beware the Pack trade mark has many known variations and I believe 7-8 known. Also sizing variations on other daggers. If you don't know the differences it can be tough to compare trade marks. In my opinion I think the makers mark is fine but wait for others to weigh in here as well before you proceed

I would ask for better pictures of the blade. The scabbard looks to be a repaint but if your going to ask for blade pictures ask for better shots of that as well. I don't have one of these but have studied them. The pack has a tendency to be weak and wears poorly over time, so I have seen some Pack repaints on scabbard and even the Hilt as well. Scabbard seems to have some flaking or bubbling but I cant tell on my screen. Is it me but has the hilt been repainted?

My eyes keep going back and looking at the eagle again and comparing to others I have seen. Not 100% on this one. Would love to see more pictures of eagle, etched motto on blade and scabbard. I would get some more consensus here. It may be just fine and I am overthinking it. I need stuff in hand and loop or really good pictures before I like writing the check. Price seems up there in my opinion.

Here is a good thread to study: Untouched Ernst Pack SS Dagger

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-12-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Not worth £1,700. Far too much...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Save your money Brocky..its total parts dagger. The guards are not Ernst Pack ..they are Thuringia made guards and Im sure the Roman numeral was added.

Scabbard doesnt belong and as Rossi stated beware of the producers logo . This one sits too high up on the blade.

Not sure whats going on with the grip and would love to see the tang holes.

For 1700 you may want to save a little more and go with these guys.

Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria
    Meda Militaria Home
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The Blade Is Genuine IMO .The Grip Is Textbook . The Scabbard Looks To Have French Polish Over The Blue Grey Lacquer Scabbard. Certain Dealers Might Remove this With Nail Varnish Remover? ..The Bird Has Black Polish Around it .
    All Cross Guard Combinations are Possible . SS EPNS 33s Are Scarce ! A Scruffy Parts Assembly @ £1700 Is Not An Option I Would Take . Save Up And Buy A Better Example $4000 should buy an investment grade example !

Quote by luftyluftylufty View Post
    The Blade Is Genuine IMO .The Grip Is Textbook . The Scabbard Looks To Have French Polish Over The Blue Grey Lacquer Scabbard. Certain Dealers Might Remove this With Nail Varnish Remover? ..The Bird Has Black Polish Around it .
    All Cross Guard Combinations are Possible . SS EPNS 33s Are Scarce ! A Scruffy Parts Assembly @ £1700 Is Not An Option I Would Take . Save Up And Buy A Better Example $4000 should buy an investment grade example !
    Welcome to the forum lufty..you must have an extensive collection of misfitted daggers....btw...."All crossguard combinations are NOT possible"

If you can prove to the community here that Suhl guards on Eickhorn or Boker daggers are correct and acceptable ..then we will be open to those new facts. Until then your hit into right field landed you on first base.

Give a read through some or all of the threads here and give us your updated summation that would trump over the decades of experience and authored reference. Enjoy your stay

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks guys

Default Thank you for your observations

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Welcome to the forum lufty..you must have an extensive collection of misfitted daggers....btw...."All crossguard combinations are NOT possible"

If you can prove to the community here that Suhl guards on Eickhorn or Boker daggers are correct and acceptable ..then we will be open to those new facts. Until then your hit into right field landed you on first base.

Give a read through some or all of the threads here and give us your updated summation that would trump over the decades of experience and authored reference. Enjoy your stay

Best Larry

We are discussing a parts dagger as stated

So I have Commented On The Parts

The position of the trade mark is often high on EPNS SS Blades so far I am unable to upload images of correct known example but the blade looks O.K. or at least identical to others offered by your recommended dealers.

I am at a loss to comment on Eickhorn or Boker Daggers and fail to understand your commenting on them.??

We are discussing a parts dagger with a EPNS blade as stated

Who Knows It May Have Had Numbered Cross Guards Which are now on a mint SS Dagger.

Regards
    Lufty Lufty Lufty

Quote by luftyluftylufty View Post
    All Cross Guard Combinations are Possible
    I guess I misunderstood.. But please explain in your post# 5 ... About all cross guard combinations being possible. I may have skipped that class that day .

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-21-2017 at 11:28 PM.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I guess I misunderstood.. But please explain in your post# 5 ... About all cross guard combinations being possible. I may have skipped that class that day .

Best Larry
    This is not going to have a good outcome..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast