Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger

Article about: Hi all, just wondering your opinions on this dagger? I don't know a lot about this sort of item so any help and information would be great. If it ends up all being rubbish then so be it. Tha

?

Default SS dagger

Hi all, just wondering your opinions on this dagger? I don't know a lot about this sort of item so any help and information would be great. If it ends up all being rubbish then so be it. Thanks

SS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger
    P
    Many

I will step out on a limb here because daggers are not a strong point for me. The dagger and scabbard do not look good to me at all. Crude Workmanship on the scabbard, poor fitting on the handle, over all it does not look good to me. Please wait for the true experts to rip me a new one or vindicate my opinion.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Hi Marty, thanks for that. As I said I'm no expert ether hence the need for people's opinions who know a lot more than me.

?

The dagger looks okay to me as does the scabbard, being a standard M33 scabbard that was customized to a M36 scabbard.
    So, think away the chain and centerpiece and you have a late RZM dagger.
    Was the chain made period? Probably not but who knows... a poor SS mans chained M36 dagger.
    I don't reject the possibility because I saw it before.

?

Thank you for the comment. Yeah the chain is made of a different material and has no markings at all on it.

?

Quote by Mgn040 View Post
    Thank you for the comment. Yeah the chain is made of a different material and has no markings at all on it.
    Well, it isn't a standard factory made chain for sure... :-)

?

Have to admit it's one of the things that drew my eye to it.

The chain assembly is crudely done & not period, IMHO. Even if it were, you would
    never be able to prove it & thus, it should be considered a nullity.

The dagger itself looks to be period with typical condition problems that are seen on late production RZM items.

The scabbard shell also appears period but was modified to fit the chain & center ramp.

If you can steal it, that would be fine but at any sort of typical price for an SS dagger, I would leave it alone.

To some that the SS awarded these Chained examples to desrving officers late in the war...the notification came first but the SS dagger never made it ..and Folklore states that the newly SS officer made do with the SS em he already had and crafted it to the likeness of a Chained example...this Chained assembly beauty above in the first post ..is no way in the regards as deemed by some collectors and dealers as " Field upgrade "

NO

The dagger itself stands a great chance in being authentic and I would have no issues with it. Seeing through the muck..I see details expected of this period type dagger.

It appears someone had too much time on their hands in the sheet metal shop in school.
    Thankyou for the smile

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for that. So I'm going to say it's a original late war EM dagger with a later added chain (not period). Would that be correct?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast