Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger

Article about: HI I have been offered to buy this SS dagger. Can you tell me if it is authentic. Best regard Tommy

?

Default SS dagger

HI
    I have been offered to buy this SS dagger. Can you tell me if it is authentic.
    Best regard
    Tommy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger   SS dagger  

SS dagger   SS dagger  

SS dagger   SS dagger  

SS dagger   SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger
    P
    Many

You're going to have to get much better pictures for any type of assessment.. But from what I am seeing I'm not too confident...

Smitty

Tigern,

If you can, try to get some close up shots of the blade inscription, the makers RZM mark as well as the pommel nut and other parts of the blade. Get a few shots of the knot as well..

If you can, we might be able to better assess what you got...

Smitty

I agree with Smitty..better close up photos needed and less light..but from what I am seeing of an SA lower marked guard...Im not too confident of the rest of the dagger under the present photo conditions.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agree with the above replies. Though not a dagger collector, I can state the images are pathetic. Especially where a dagger is concerned, minute details need to be observed, otherwise no way of deciphering if it all "fits"
    D.

Tigern,

You are very wise to post potential purchases here to be vetted. One thing I would like to pass to you, and other collectors.. You may be new to collecting TR items or a seasoned collector, but don't hesitate to ask the seller for better quality photos.. Also keep in mind that the individual selling may not be a knowledgeable collector and so the photos they post on social media may be acceptable in their eyes, but not to a seasoned collector who demands to see such things as the pommel, cross guards, clear pictures of the blade, makers mark (if any) inscription on the dagger, scabbard, ect. These are the small minute details that we look at in order to determine several factors to include authenticity and if the dagger is a parts dagger made up of numerous original pieces put together at the end of the war..

So I hope this helps you, I don't know your collecting experience, and if you know this already then for all those new collectors out there, these are some of the reasons we ask for multiple photos, and clear photos..

Best regards

Smitty

?

Thank you very much for your answers. I agree that the pictures is not good enough. After some investigation, I found an other dagger with same identity nr. So I assume this dagger is fake.
    I appreciate your comments and help.
    Best regard Tommy.