Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

Article about: Hi all, I would like to know your opinion about this ss dagger marked 807/36. Thanks, Mike

?

Default SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

Hi all,
    I would like to know your opinion about this ss dagger marked 807/36.
    Thanks, Mike
    SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions needSS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

no expert but looks fine to me.

I'm a rookie on daggers but it looks good to me too, although the pics are really bad. A quick look on the forum found this other thread for 807/36. The markings seem to match on both.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...7-36-a-187595/

The cross guard to handle fit looks nice and the scabbard looks like a possible repaint job. From a far distance....looks O.K. Would like to have close ups outside without flash!!

Regards,

Sam

Are there identification numbers on the Qullion (blade guard)? Should be/must be. Can you get a close up pic of that?

Question: Is that smudging on the blade along the letters? Things that make me go hmmmmm.
    Last edited by octavian; 12-10-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: another question

I agree with Sam, from the pictures provided it looks as if the scabbard may have been re painted. Over than that, it looks OK, better pictures would help ensure this though.

Sorry......Its imposible for anyone to give any decent input on the blade itself,because of the pics like mentioned.

scabbard is real bad,unfortunately

Hi Mike I feel someone is piecing these daggers together as also the grip on this example does not match the condition of the rest of the dagger. The grip itself has sharp contour ridges. Again also the grip is not period, and it also looks recent compared to your last thread..https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...s-need-240326/.
    The scabbard is in very poor condition to the point that it "looks" late period,, but decision I can not make.
    Good eyes Sam and Cody,, the scabbard is a repaint.
    I know this dagger is probably not in your possession and the water mark on the lower right hand corner says "Aukro"...IMO I would save your money as this dagger has almost the same issues as the Eickhorn SS 1938 that you posted,,,and the blade also on this one I feel is good.

Octavian......These mid period daggers did not have any Roman numeral distribution markings to be found on the back of the crossguard as this was reserved for the early period / Pre-RZM daggers,,except RZM 120/34 and 121/34 SS. As far as underneath the guard,, Eickhorn bench marked their daggers,,on early examples,,,but not all the time,, but still nice to see.

My input the grip scares me and does not conform the the outer condition of the dagger.,, the scabbard is hard to tell if it came from Mid or late period. Blade IMO is fine along with the crossguards........BUT.....I would like to see inside the guards and the blade tang of course. Who is Aukro?? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry i think your spot on

the scabbard and grip do not belong to eachother, the scabbard sufferd a lot from moisture, the grip totally NOT!
    The condition of the scabbard is very poor, the crossguards are sanded, but the grip is excellent, altho the eagle lost almost all of its detail.
    Do yourself a favour and walk away from it...

Cheers,
    Ger

I noticed that first thing too, Ger. The grip eagle is slick with no feathering on the chest at all. And I don't like the manner in which it's been inset into the grip wood. As as been said, the sheath is totally screwed up. Obviously a crude repaint(the rust has been painted right over, from it's appearance) and the guards look like they've been burnt with acid. Just horrible shape. Larry is spot on-some one is assembling these things and not doing a very good job on the detailing. If they do not have access to vintage parts, it looks as if they have a semi-competent maker source for such things as the wooden grips but obviously not a good source for such things as the grip eagles, etc. German made daggers have always been of extremely high degree of quality for manufacture and assembly-and the SS pieces even more so. There was a great deal of meticulous hand work done in the final fitting of parts and the finish work, and this dagger posted shows nothing remotely like such a process. Maybe a few things on it could be salvaged-such as the runes button which Looks likely to be genuine, but the rest of it? I wouldn't want it for free...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast