Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger

Article about: Need your help on this SS dagger, early Eickhorn maker is it original and if the scabbard looks repainted or not? also have some concerns with the crack on the wood grip, how much does this

ado
    ?

Default SS dagger

Need your help on this SS dagger, early Eickhorn maker
    is it original and if the scabbard looks repainted or not?
    also have some concerns with the crack on the wood grip, how much does this issue takes the value down on this dagger?

Thank you
    Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger   SS dagger  

SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger
    P
    Many

ado
    ?

Default Re: SS dagger

Please click on the pictures to see them in higher resolution, Thanks.

Looks original to Me,but,as far as I am concerned, the condition of it makes anything about it irrelevant. The grip has a Serious and Major full length Split in it-not to mention several decent sized chips, which is bad enough by itself, but the Condition of the Blade is terrible. And,yes-the scabbard has almost certainly been repainted, from the looks of it in the photos. I'd Strongly suggest passing on this one-one buys such things for a future investment and hopes that they will increase in value,which this piece will not. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well everything looks original, the handle is tight against the cross guards, and the motifs look firm , the scabbard may have been repainted at one time, the crack in the handle may have been caused by over tightening of the top nut, which may well reduce the value, i would leave it in situ though as the crack goes through both sides, attempting to remove it may cause both the motifs to fall out, if the crack gets bigger and becomes very unstable, you might have to remove it at a later stage and glue the handle and apply a blacking, whats the asking price

ado
    ?

I agree.
    The asking price is $1800

For 1800.00 I would run for the hills.The knife has been ruined by some one who did not take of it.I would bet this blade has been dissembled and over tightened so many times the wood cracked.PaSS ON THIS ONE. You can find a better blade for a few hundred more bucks.

ado
    ?

seller claims that the dagger was never taken apart, since his grandfather brought it back (if you can believe the story), but my advise was the same if taken down that grip handle would split in two, if it already was not taken down so many times that it caused the grip cracks and split in the first place!?

My advice is the same: Pass on this one.

Cheers, Ade.