Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss dagger 941/36 transition dagger. need help!

Article about: Hey guys i need your help again to determine if this dagger is real or a repo. Please let me know and thank you all in advance! All the pictures ive seen of this dagger the rzm is not close

?

Default ss dagger 941/36 transition dagger. need help!

Hey guys i need your help again to determine if this dagger is real or a repo. Please let me know and thank you all in advance! All the pictures ive seen of this dagger the rzm is not close to the cross guard. I only have these pics and am going to see the dagger in person tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!  ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!
    P
    Many

Wick if you only have those pics..then I can only give you limited advice. With only 2 photos It would be best to say the dagger is fake and save your money. its best to play it safe.

Get better close up photos and study some of these threads here within the SS forum. If you need help..then please help us. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for your help. Its hard for me to study during the week as i work 16 hours every day. i know the picture would be hard but my gut said they are repos since the rzm seems to be on the wrong side. And thank you again!

?

Hey Larry, finally had a chance to post better pictures, hope these help. These are the two i was looking at!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!   ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!  

ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!   ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!  

ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!   ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!  

Attached Images Attached Images ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help! 

Hi Wick..thankyou for the extra photos..these help greatly..and will help the forum members also.

We would of loved to see the other daggers shown in the photo...but we can take what we can get now..with the SS daggers.

IMO the SS daggers have been messed with and both appear to be authentic..but both the grips leaves me to think otherwise. The grip on the 120/34 seems to be a recent creation..which does not match the condition of the rest of the dagger.

The Eickhorn dagger ..the grip shows a very poor fit to the lower crossguard reverse side. These early transitional daggers were still made with quality and craftmanship. Both of these daggers do not appear to be consistent in condition and quality.
    Because of the grips appearing to be messed with...wold leave other doubts on the rest of the daggers fittings. The 120/34 dagger does not show a Roman numeral SS district stamping on the lower reverse guard..which with this maker it is highly encountered..with a " I "

I feel both of these daggers do not represent what is to be expected in early quality. The one grip being questionable..the other being a poor fit. I am comfortable with the blades being good ..but not with thee grips that appear in the photos.

The dual Eickhorn logos are correct in sequence with the small serrated squirrel tail..along with the 1936-38 production use of this type and the smooth tail.

Long story short..Im not comfortable with the over all look and appeal..the fittings are questionable and curious of any internal guard markings.
    Its a shame but both of these SS producers are desirable and the 1936 Transitional even more so..with SS collectors. Its a rare occurence to come across one of these..and I feel a grip had been added at a later time.

The asking prices for these would start around the $3000 US mark and this should be a guide to see how much the seller is asking. For myself..I would keep looking. Other opinions are welcome..as the community works together here as a whole..and may see things also I may have missed. Thanks for the extra photos Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry i cant thank you enough for you expertise with this dagger. I know you needed better pics and i agree with you that i feel the cross guard had been prolly replaced as we can see it does not line up with the scabbard. The person is asking for $1850 usd for the transitions dagger. I was thinking of offering him 1750 for it As i really like the blade.

Wick,
    I wouldn't buy one of these!

The Eickhorn is a repro dagger,the blade of the 120 is real.
    Regards,
    Gerd

?

oh crap. damn it! ok i didnt go to pick it up. sigh. i will tell him that i wont be driving to meet him then. So hard to know whats real and whats not i feel.

Quote by wick View Post
    oh crap. damn it! ok i didnt go to pick it up. sigh. i will tell him that i wont be driving to meet him then. So hard to know whats real and whats not i feel.
    Hi Wick,
    This dagger isn't so hard to find out what's real or not. It is a common Eickhorn fake.
    Here is a pic of a real one.
    Picture is taken from Darren's side
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss dagger 941/36  transition dagger. need help!  

?

yes the rzm stamp is much lower then the dagger that was shown to me. It just seems so difficult to find a real one and not someone trying to rip you off. i was reading on here to that a company / dealer is aus is selling fake items to for big money. i would not be a happy camper as i have been burned before over 200 bucks. but thousands!? starting to become discouraged with this hobby of collecting this era. but you guys here are a ton of help and have saved me thousands of dollars. Thank you to the person that said for me to post first here then possibly buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast