Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger 941/38

Article about: Hello to you all, I'm new in this environment, and I'm looking for expertise. I'm interested in daggers from SS/SA/NSKK. I have the option to buy this middle period eikhorn dagger 941/38 . A

?

Default SS dagger 941/38

Hello to you all,

I'm new in this environment, and I'm looking for expertise. I'm interested in daggers from SS/SA/NSKK. I have the option to buy this middle period eikhorn dagger 941/38 . A friend told me that the dagger is compiled from several daggers. For me the question is it still available to buy this dagger or do you have a different opinion about this dagger.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Twan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger 941/38   SS dagger 941/38  

SS dagger 941/38   SS dagger 941/38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger 941/38
    P
    Many

Hi Twan at first welcome to this forum,It's a good thing you post the Dagger here so you can get more information about this dagger from several experts. This dagger looks not to bad . I think it's all original it's a midd period dagger and I see some early and late parts mixed but that is possible with the transitional daggers. Is there a picture with the Dagger in the scabbard? I give this dagger a chance to be original. But I like to see the Dagger in hands for a good expertise.

Let's wait what the other guys have to say about this one.

Regards Rafael

?

Rafaël, thank you for you comment. I will try to get additionel information.

Hi Twan..the dagger is a Mid period Carl Eickhorn ..with an SS Contract code of 941 and the 1938 yr. I agree also with Rafael the possibility exists that there cold be a mix of parts. When these mid period examples were first produced ..they were all consistent with each other. The top guard looks questionable and both are heavily nicotined.
    The dagger plating has lifted off on the upper guard.

The dagger is covered in some kind of muck but most of it appears to be Eickhorn. The tang nut looks to be later period IMO..and the dagger has been opened at some point.
    Have you tied the forum search engine above which will yield you some related threads of this dagger type?
    Just type in RZM941/38 SS dagger in the search engine box

SS dagger 941/38

Give it a try..and compare it to the dagger you have..we can help out with the rest.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm not too wild about the grip-am not too sure what's happening with it, but it almost appears to have been painted. The runes button looks odd as well. I would not want this dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Gentlemen thank you for your replies. After talking with the owner and reviewing your comments I have decided to buy the dagger. Thank you for your effort.