Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger belonging to Adolf Hitler's personal chauffeur who had the macabre job of burning his and Eva Braun's bodies goes on sale for £5,000

Article about: SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Erich Kempka's 13-inch dagger is to be sold at auction in Ashford, Kent, for £5,000

Default SS dagger belonging to Adolf Hitler's personal chauffeur who had the macabre job of burning his and Eva Braun's bodies goes on sale for £5,000

SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Erich Kempka's 13-inch dagger is to be sold at auction in Ashford, Kent, for £5,000
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger belonging to Adolf Hitler's personal chauffeur who had the macabre job of burning his and Eva Braun's bodies goes on sale for £5,000   SS dagger belonging to Adolf Hitler's personal chauffeur who had the macabre job of burning his and Eva Braun's bodies goes on sale for £5,000  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger belonging to Adolf Hitler's personal chauffeur who had the macabre job of burning his and Eva Braun's bodies goes on sale for £5,000
    P
    Many

Interesting and its the real deal

I am curious how high the bidders will go ..starting at 5600 US
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-08-2019 at 02:46 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

In Wittman's book he says '' this dagger is thought to have been the property '' of Kempka .

I remember Fred Stephens did a piece in '' The Armourer '' magazine about Kempka's numbered ( 2803 ) Rohm dagger .

I wonder how many officers in the LAH had the initials E.K.
    Regards Steve.
    Last edited by escosis; 07-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Did it sell??

?

It is a fantastic piece none the less.
    Is it a type A or B1?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    It is a fantastic piece none the less.
    Is it a type A or B1?
    There might be better photographs in Wittmann SS book
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    There might be better photographs in Wittmann SS book
    Thanks Larry. Just checked it out. Not many (better) pictures in his book. But clear enough to see that it's a B1. (Page 223-224)
    Although Wittmann doesn't make a difference between Type A and B1 or B2. For him it's all Type II.

At the time of Tom writing his SS reference ..the Type descriptions were never thought of until Ralf Siegerts Publication in 2010 ...nearly a decade after Toms SS reference.

I spoke with Tom about the use of the modern Terminology and understood the basis of it..but has not stuck with him and still uses the 2 type descriptives to this day.
    His type descriptions seem to confuse some collectors why early nickel fittings are Type II and late period is Type I .

Regards Larry

I like the engraving, but like asked above, how many EK are there in the DL?