Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger Boker

Article about: Please help me authenticate this piece. It's in excellent condition, just hope the logo isn't "too good". Really trying to do my homework!

?

Default SS dagger Boker

Please help me authenticate this piece. It's in excellent condition, just hope the logo isn't "too good". Really trying to do my homework!SS dagger BokerSS dagger BokerSS dagger BokerSS dagger BokerSS dagger BokerSS dagger BokerSS dagger Boker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger Boker
    P
    Many

Typical Boker guards that have that turned up look to the ends of the guards.
    Looks like someone may have had a go at the runes button and the eagle is a bit too shiney and may be the lighting or was cleaned up.

Other than that..the blade is a screamer and is has the typical Boker Squashed look to the Motto.
    Pimples also are visible. All good traits

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, you're the best!

?

I just received two new pics from the seller and it does look like the runes button has been pried on or replaced at some point. Does it at least look authentic? Problem is the seller wants a premium price probably due to the excellent condition of the blade...almost 2x what I see for average examples. Should I forget this one? Thanks for re-evaluating!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger Boker  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS dagger Boker 

'' Textbook '' Böker.
    Regards Gerd

?

I can't help with the SS button question, But I've noticed that Boker does make a beautiful dagger.

Good Luck!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hard to say what happened around the runes button area..but the button is correct for Boker having the shorter runes.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the replies--I've decided to go for it since the remainder is in such nice condition. Difficult to find the minty ones since everyone keeps 'em; I'd do the same. Regards!

The decision to purchase to is an individual one with lots of factors to be decided such as price vs. condition. In hand it's not much of a problem because you can check out all sorts of things/different areas and make better informed conclusions. Poor quality images can oftentimes be problematic, and this dagger IMO is not one where I cannot tell if a wood filler product was used in the area of the SS emblem, and whether or not the blade might have had some corrosion removed? Maybe it's just the imaging - and my concerns just a reflection of some past experiences (?). Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger Boker   SS dagger Boker  

The hammer 'hits' on the front and the runes area damage is problematic.
    I think it should warrant a discount and not a 'double up'.

It's not going to heel up and hair over...…….it does have a nice blade and
    the early snout hanger looks choice.

Just out of curiosity; how much is a double up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast