Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger Boker Attic find!

Article about: Hi guys this dagger is found in the attic in the House of an old man, He wants this item not longer in his house and has asked friends to what he had to do with it. They came to me for infor

Default SS Dagger Boker Attic find!

Hi guys this dagger is found in the attic in the House of an old man, He wants this item not longer in his house and has asked friends to what he had to do with it. They came to me for information and a possible sale of the dagger. After a visit to the family and to have heard the story I have bought the dagger for a fair price. He did not know exactly how he came on this dagger, he thinks to have gotten him 30 years ago from a friend in Berlin.

The condition of the dagger seems better days It looks like that this dagger belonged to a very active SS man so you can see on the backside of the grip and scabbard, also the blade have a lot of scratches but through it you can see some original crossgrain I think the blade is cleaned up at some time.
    The front side of the dagger looks mutch better with only normal old age tracks. The fit of this dagger is at all the points perfect and the Nickle pats have a nice patina. I like the way that the grip fits the typical Boker crossguards. Also the eagle looks very nice and the 7 o clock placed SS rune is undamaged.
    The vertical hanger looks very old and the lower belt is stuck on the scabbard the initials HK have been cut in it.I think this was together all the time

I like to hear what you guys think about this one.

Regards Rafael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger Boker Attic find!   SS Dagger Boker Attic find!  

SS Dagger Boker Attic find!   SS Dagger Boker Attic find!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Boker Attic find!
    P
    Many

I hate you guys in Europe..and those with gorgeous front steps too ! ...you are the closest to all the finds that the actual original owners has left them behind to be found. We dont have that here in the states .except through past veterans found in their attics.

I have nothing but praise and congratulations on a great untouched find. The damage on the grip may havbeen the active SS man himself with his hanger swinging away on the top of the grip. hard to say..but surely an exemplary find .

I like the tightness of the grip eagle with no gaps in the wood. Well preserved.
    Boker guards have that traditional ( as Tom Wittmann expresses it ) having that turned up feature on the crossguard points that of a Dutch wooden shoe. Love these daggers

Great Provenance Rafael and that vertical hanger has alot of character not being a type normally seen..but very workable. Congrats again A+++

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Cool find Raf

wish i could find an old Boker SS dagger lying in an attic

Regards Mac 66

When I was a twelve year old schoolboy my teacher brought in an identical dagger that he had found in the loft of his new house. Ever since I search the attics of all the houses I have lived in.

?

Just perfect Raf. What a time capsule dagger!
    You must have been very exited at first sight...

Coincidental I'm expecting a Böker in the mail as well one of these days.
    I'll send you some pics tonight and will post him here on WRF when I got him.

Very nice find Rafael!! Congrats

Steve

CBH
    ?

Beautiful dagger , the type of Attic find Dreams are made of !

Have you checked inside of the hanger for a RZM or SS stamp ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Beautiful dagger , the type of Attic find Dreams are made of !

Have you checked inside of the hanger for a RZM or SS stamp ?
    No Chris the hanger is to dry to take him off and the lower belt is stuck on the scabbard. So I leave it alone to prevent damage.

Regards Rafael

?

you always got lucky ha buddy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast