Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion

Article about: Hi I have the opportunity to buy ss dagger with chain. Price attractive, so I wanted to ask more experienced collectors about opinion. Thank you Michal

Default SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion

Hi
    I have the opportunity to buy ss dagger with chain.
    Price attractive, so I wanted to ask more experienced collectors about opinion.
    Thank you Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion   SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion  

SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion   SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion  

SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion   SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion
    P
    Many

Hi Michal save your money..right from the start the blade is junk with a fake Boker Logo. The Chain is trying to look like a Type I hanging assembly with early burnishing which did not exist with this later Chain type. Wotan Knot connectors are incorrect. The scabbard center ramp is repro to look like initial production. This dagger has a few authentic fittings..the rest is junk. How much for this beauty o_O ? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The price for this dagger is $ 1000, now the question is whether the price is right for the quality ?

This dagger is worth IMO $125
    $100 for the dagger
    $25 for the effort in trying to make it look authentic .

Yet this dagger some uneducated person will buy it . This dagger by the way is very worthy to be placed in the " Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions thread ... Because this dagger is a half decent fake . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What Larry said. Best Regards, Fred

?

This one cost me 4 times his asking price!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger with chain ask for an opinion  

Now thats a Nice Type I ..thankyou for posting this Cat

Now added to the Gallery of the demented and estranged

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

?

Yep! As Larry C says not good. Blade has no semblance of an original SS crossgraining example and logo is no good as stated. Run away!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Not worth it at Any price. An aged ground up fake Boker. Toss it into the scrap metal bin at the recyclers...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."